30 % less on your revenue if you have an issue on your Wifi

Jordan722
Level 1
Lyon, France

30 % less on your revenue if you have an issue on your Wifi

30 % less on your revenue if you have an issue on your Wifi or other amenities. Even if it was disconnected by guests.

I think that Airbnb should clearly communicate with these percentage by amenities. Especially when the host is trying to provide a maximum amenities. This lack of transparency could have serious issues. What do you think? 

1 Reply 1
Kevin1718
Level 2
Ashbourne, Ireland

I never heard of this. My place is in the Caribbean and the most reliable service provider doesn't provide unlimited broadband I therefore have a package that gives me 120GB per month. This is exceeded some months particularly if people are on zoom calls etc where they are using a lot of video. When I exceed the 120GB the internet is cut off until I top up . With differing time zones this might  mean a delay of a couple of hrs before the guests are back up an running. All the guests take it well they see it as Third World problems. I have yet to have guests look for a refund with the exception of one who was travelling for work but it was Service Provider issue not a simple top up. I couldn't guarantee when the issue would be resolved so he simply cancelled and when to another Airbnb that I recommended that had a different internet service provider.

Kevin