property managment and Airbnb platform

Answered!
Lori3686
Level 2
Greencastle, PA

property managment and Airbnb platform

I am a host, but will also be doing property management.  I am interested in getting feedback/recommendations on providing the best service I can to future clients.  I will be hosting places in Ocean City, MD.   I would like information on the best way to set up the client's Airbnb so that the sales/use tax and room tax will be paid from their portion of the payout (if this is possible).  Also, I will be doing the cleaning and was wondering if there is a way for the cleaning fee to be paid to me as well as the percentage that I am charging to manage their property.   I know that I can add them as a co-host, but some of my potential clients want to be completely hands- off and that is my goal for them as well.  Also, I have 2 that have gotten the rental license in their names since they are owners.  Will this affect anything or should it be set up that way.  I am working hard to navigate all the ins and outs, but still would like to have information from other more seasoned hosts.  Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.  

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you shouldn't add them as a cohost. The listing should be set up in the owners name and yourself added as cohost. 

the sales/room tax should be paid by the guest surely ? 

Setting up the listing in the owners name is in your clients best interests and means they are taxed on their income and you on yours.

It can be set up so cleaning element goes to you. 

@Lori3686 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you shouldn't add them as a cohost. The listing should be set up in the owners name and yourself added as cohost. 

the sales/room tax should be paid by the guest surely ? 

Setting up the listing in the owners name is in your clients best interests and means they are taxed on their income and you on yours.

It can be set up so cleaning element goes to you. 

@Lori3686 

Helen,

I am sorry for the delayed response.   Thank you for the information.  I greatly appreciate it.  Have a great day.  

Lori

Good afternoon Helen,

Is there a way to set up their account that they are not inundated with emails about reservations?  I was looking at creating a new account for the owner, but saw that I would need to enter an email address for them.  My owners would like to be completely hands off.  Any further information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Lori 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Add in your email @Lori3686 

Have you familarised with how co-hosting works on the Airbnb Help website if not do go over and have a look.

For cohosting to work well you really do need to be very familiar with how the platform works.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Lori3686, I was wondering whether you have seen Helen's reply to your topic? It would be great to hear what you've decided doing in the end. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Quincy,

I had seen the message, but was unfortunately, not able to respond immediately.   I greatly appreciate your follow up so that I remembered to respond.  Helen's response was the information that I needed to move forward.  

Have a great day!

Lori 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for confirming this @Lori3686! Wishing you all the best! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen