special offers

Answered!
Nicole2346
Level 1
Loveland, CO

special offers

I am offering 20% off for my first 3 bookings. How do they get this 20% off. Is it towards the end? Do I send it? Please help

Top Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicole2346  What do you mean, "towards the end"? Any discounts you set will automatically be shown to guests and the total price with the discount is charged to guests when they book. (They can often choose to pay half up front and half about a week before check-in, but that isn't anything hosts control)

As an aside, your listing needs work. 3 photos of the outside of the property isn't a proper photo gallery. You need photos of the inside of the suite, the bedroom, the bathroom, all of it. That's what guests want to see. 3 long-range outside shots won't get you bookings.

Also your listing description is scanty. It appears that this is a private suite in the home you live in. Some wording about being on-site hosts is needed, as well as information about common spaces you share with guests, such as the yard and anything else. 

The more info you provide, the better, although it's always best not to be unnecessarily wordy, while covering all the bases. You want to avoid guests arriving with inaccurate expectations.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicole2346  What do you mean, "towards the end"? Any discounts you set will automatically be shown to guests and the total price with the discount is charged to guests when they book. (They can often choose to pay half up front and half about a week before check-in, but that isn't anything hosts control)

As an aside, your listing needs work. 3 photos of the outside of the property isn't a proper photo gallery. You need photos of the inside of the suite, the bedroom, the bathroom, all of it. That's what guests want to see. 3 long-range outside shots won't get you bookings.

Also your listing description is scanty. It appears that this is a private suite in the home you live in. Some wording about being on-site hosts is needed, as well as information about common spaces you share with guests, such as the yard and anything else. 

The more info you provide, the better, although it's always best not to be unnecessarily wordy, while covering all the bases. You want to avoid guests arriving with inaccurate expectations.

I only have 3 pictures because the downstairs is not complete. It is not available until mid May. I was planning on adding more soon. I don't have all the furniture in it yet. Thank you for the advise. I will go in and change my wording.  

@Nicole2346  Then you really should snooze your listing until it is ready to rent. When you first put up a listing, you get a new host boost in search ranking, which you are wasting if you don't have the space complete.

What you are doing is like advertising a new restaurant, and trying to get dinner reservations booked for it, when you have no menu, no staff, and no chairs or tables.

If guests go ahead and book anyway, because the price is cheap, you will end up with all sorts of guest problems.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nicole2346 

It is automatically calculated/displayed in the price breakdown of your listing.

Potential guests will see that discount.

Simulate some bookings on your own listing to check:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/48972632