28/5000 threats and blackmail from a guest - minacce e ricatto da ospite

Paolo624
Level 2
Merano, Italy

28/5000 threats and blackmail from a guest - minacce e ricatto da ospite

I am an Italian host and for two days I have been continuously blackmailed by a guest from Germany. yesterday I made a serious mistake and had to cancel a reservation; I am very sorry about this and I will reply to airbnb. I called the Italian assistance who was kind and calmed me.
but I was also called by German assistance who first told me that they would take care of them and then they called me back telling me that they found a solution but proposing to me, without being obliged to do so, to prove my good will by paying a part of the difference.
to close it quickly I gave my availability but I asked to receive an official email from airbnb with the proposal.
this morning by scupolo I called the guest to find out if she was okay in the new destination and she replied that she was offered nothing, that in my city she is completely full and that she slept on the floor with a friend.
for the sake of detail I immediately went to the tourist office where in a few seconds they printed a series of proposals even at a cost comparable with mine.
I immediately recalled the Italian assistance asking to be put in communication with the German one or alternatively they could write to them to clarify the situation; the assistant was kind and once again reassuring but explained to me that for no reason I should have worried.
in the meantime, since yesterday the guests send me messages from time to time with threats of reporting to the police and requests for damages that are always greater each time; yesterday they were 1,000 euros and today they have risen to 2,300 euros.
of course I have documented everything.
from your experience, to whom should I turn to deliver this message to an international airbnb assistance able to handle both Italy and Germany?
thank you

sono un host italiano e da due giorni sono continuamente ricattato da un ospite della germania. ieri ho commesso un grave errore e ho dovuto cancellare una prenotazione; questo mi dispiace molto e di questo risponderò a airbnb. ho chiamato l'assistenza italiana che è stata gentile e mi ha tranquillizzato.
però sono stato chiamato anche dall’assistenza tedesca che prima mi ha detto che se ne sarebbero occupati loro e poi mi hanno richiamato dicendomi che hanno trovato una soluzione ma proponendomi, senza essere obbligato a farlo, di dimostare la mia buona volontà pagando una parte della differenza.
per chiuderla in fretta ho dato la mia disponibilità ma ho chiesto di ricevere una mail ufficiale da airbnb con la proposta.
stamattina per scupolo ho chiamato l’ospite per sapere se si è trovata bene nella nuova destinazione e questa mi ha risposto che non le è stato offerto nulla, che nella mia città è tutto pieno e che ha dormito per terra da un’amica.
per scrupolo sono andato subito all’ufficio turismo dove in pochi secondi mi hanno stampato una serie di proposte anche a costo paragonabile con il mio.
ho richiamato subito l’assistenza italiana chiedendo di esser messo in comunicazione con quella tedesca o in alternativa che scrivessero a loro per chiarire la situazione; l’assistente è stato gentile e ancora una volta rassicurante ma mi ha spiegato che per nessun motivo avrei dovuto preoccuparmi.
nel frattempo, da ieri l’ospiti mi invia ogni tanto dei messaggi con minacce di denuncia alla polizia e richieste di danni che ogni volta sono sempre maggiori; ieri erano di 1.000 euro ed oggi sono salite a 2.300 euro.
naturalmente ho documentato tutto.
dalla vostra esperienza, a chi devo rivolgermi per consegnare questo messaggio ad un assistenza airbnb internazionale in grado di gestire sia l’italia che la germania?
grazie

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Paolo624 

It seems to me you did your best to help the guests which could not stay at your place for some serious reason which neede you to cancel the reservation. 

Now the reservation is cancelled and the guest probably is refunded (?), the story has ended for you and the guest should be in contact with Airbnb only. Sending threatening messages is a serious offend and you can report them each to Airbnb by using the "flag" link in it. It is also rather strange you have to deal with 2 Airbnb agents from diferent countries, as Airbnb is a worldwide company and one CS rep can and should manage the total case. So the business between you and the guest is closed and you both should only contact Airbnb to finish the case (if there is something to finish, to be decided by Airbnb and to be communicated with 1 CS rep)

Best regards,

Emiel

Flavia195
Level 10
Grande Prairie, Canada

@Paolo624 ciao. Secondo me hai fatto fin troppo. 

A me non piace risolvere nulla via telefono con Airbnb. Uso soltanto via "mail" per avere tutto documentato per bene.

Potresti bloccare l'ospite e  scriver il quanto accaduto. Dopodiche, passa e chiudi.