A GUEST TRIED TO ENTER MY LOCKED BEDROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Tema0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

A GUEST TRIED TO ENTER MY LOCKED BEDROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Hello,

Tonight a guest tried to enter my room in the middle of the night about 3 am in the morning without knocking on the door. He came back last night after 11 pm I noticed he left the kitchen lights on when I wake up to go to the bathroom. I went to the kitchen to switch off the light I noticed alcohol smell. I switched off the kitchen light and went back to my room and locked the door. Soon after I heard him in the corridor when he proceeded to try to turn the knob on my room door and tried to open the door. He went to the bathroom when he realised the door was locked. The bathroom is the next door. He has already been here for 3 nights and so he should know where the bathroom is. I don't think he would confuse the bathroom door to my bedroom door. He has got another 11 nights left to stay. What should I do? I am a woman living alone and start to completely panic. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you. 

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tema0

While not a nice experience, people do get confused in the middle of the night (and you also say he had a drink or two). And your description of what happened makes that seem the likely explanation.

Having said that you need to feel safe. If you are scared this will happen again then contact AirBnB asap and ask them to have him moved. I imagine he will be embarassed by what has happened.

We have had it happen a couple of times over the past four years.

Remember this is your home and you have a right to feel safe there - you also have a duty to act if you dont

Good luck

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tema0

Please be aware that, if you rent a room in your house ( you share commum spaces with the guest) you have the right to host females only  - if you do not have a male living in the house (like a flatmate or a boyfriend)

This is what I do - you just need to make VERY clear in your listing. Feel free to check mine.

🙂