A request made by Airbnb user for a friend

Tinka0
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

A request made by Airbnb user for a friend

Hi, 

I just would like to hear your opinion. How do you deal with requests made by an Airbnb user for their non-Airbnb friends? It happened to me for a second time during this week, that someone is requesting a stay for his friend - who is not Airbnb user. I do not want accept such a requests, as there is no verification of such a guest and no possibility to talk to him straight.

What are your experiences with such cases?

5 Replies 5
Yvonne30
Level 1
Montego Bay, Jamaica

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Hi @Tinka0 booking on behalf of a friend or family member is against AirBnB policy for the very reasons you gave, so you should decline the request. There is help centre info on this here

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ask them to register - who doesn't use the internet these days? You are taking a risk with third party bookings and there are plenty of examples in these forums of hosts who have been scammed in one way or another.

Jordan17
Level 1
Covington, KY

This has happened to me too many times.  My concern are the ones who instantly book - I can't cancel their reservation without negative repercussions on my end. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

That's not correct you can. Third party bookings are against BNB rules. Just contact BNB and tell them what has happened. They will cancel for you.