Accepted change request - possible it hurt my search rank?

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Accepted change request - possible it hurt my search rank?

A guest just requested to change dates for her 3-night stay (delay to later dates). I had no problem with that, and approved. After that, I find  my listing waaaay down in the search results, much lower than it was, and than it normally is. I could be paranoid 😄, and the 2 things might not be related at all. But has anyone else "experienced" this? Could it be that the algorithm reacts negatively to me accepting the change, that it looks like I cancelled the first reservation? (Probably am paranoid...) 

3 Replies 3

@Trude0  Yes, you're just paranoid.

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

😂 Probably. But can you blame me? There is so much advice in here about everything we hosts should never, ever do, or the allmighty algoritm will hate us forever - quite stressful...😏

@Trude0 There's a lot of misinformation and bad advice out there, and one of the most persistent myths revolve around the so-called "search rank."  No need to waste your energy stressing about it. You might occasionally find a flood of new listings in your area seeming to temporarily crowd you out, but when your listing is a match for what a guest wants, they will find you.