Adding a charge for extra guests

Answered!
Nicola85
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Adding a charge for extra guests

I have recently set up my profile as a 1 bedroom flat with double bed but able to accommodate 4 people as have a sofa bed in the lounge.  The fee I set for 2 people but couldn't find where on the airbnb site you include the charge for extra guests which would be $10 per person per night.  I was able to add this in 'extra info' but now I have an enquiry for our first potential booking and the amount airbnb ask them for does not reflect the charge for the 4 people that are requesting stay.  Does anyone know where/how  on the site I can do this after I've set everything up?

Many thanks,

Nicola

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Go into your pricing options and then add in costs for additional guests over 2.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Go into your pricing options and then add in costs for additional guests over 2.

Carla176
Level 2
Bilgola Plateau, Australia

Hi. I have had the same problem...only I put in the extra charge for extra people but Airbnb did not calculate that into their fees paid.  How do I get paid when that happens and what do i need to do so it doesn't happen again?

Mariea0
Level 2
Strathmerton, Australia

This does not work, you go to addional costs for extra person and it does not calculate it automatically.

Very frustrating .

Has been like this since the start.

Now a friend has join Airbnb, asked 

"What is he doing wrong, as adding extra for extra person  calculator doesn't

work.

The only solution I can think of       ( as there is no way to contact  Airbnb to ask )

In your description , mention the extra person calculator does not work, so extra person will have to pay on arrival.

This will have to be emphasized in your listing.

Any other suggestions of how other hosts get around this, please share.

Can't believe it has been ignored for so long and not fixed.

I am having the same issue as all of yall as well... I will have to start enphasizing that they will have to have the $ in cash for the extra person.  thanks for posting!

HI Mariea  I am so happy that I read this info, I serve breakfast too and how much I should ask for it.. where I add this information to the guests.

Thanks

Mariea0
Level 2
Strathmerton, Australia

Does not work.

I see no such option

I am new to hosting. We just recieved our first booking but the extra fee for additional people after the first two does not appear to be calculated into the total. What should I do? Thanks, Tara

HI there  I am new and i would love to have some tips for extra guests>

Should ask them to pay cash.

Also, I serve breakfast and it is not a good idea because also the extra guest have free baed and free breakfast,

Could tell me please where  settings to go to fix it can write it

I have recently listed one bedroom apartment, which can actually take six people. I have been struggling to add extra charges for more than four guests. On the airbnb webpage, if I log in and everytime I attempt doing it at Pricing Settings-Extra Charges & Currency, the drop down box does not accept extra charges above  '1 ' or any other drop down options.

I also have a perpetual ticker/message  at top of my listing, stating 'invalid payout setup for india listing - missing split'. I can do nothing to remove it, nor is there any suggestion as to what does it mean and what can one do about it.

On the mobile app, while I am able to add extra charges and number of people, i get a message 'there was an error processing the request', when i tap 'Done' and the change is not affected. It is quite frustrating to be able to not deal with it.

Mariea0
Level 2
Strathmerton, Australia

Yes very frustrating, that it has never been fixed

J26
Level 1
North Dakota, United States

I no longer see the option under pricing to add price for additional guests?

where did it go - when i click on pricing onthe left, it says pricing moved, and charging for additional guests isn't an option

I have the same problem. Did you manage to find a solution for this?

Val32
Level 2
Port Fairy, Australia

I have the extra charge ticked on my site but Airbnb charged my guests for 2 people instead of 4.

Also, although they booked for 4 , but were only charged for 2, They turned u with 4 friends.  The friends were staying in the caravan park but spent every day , all day at my property using all the amenities such as showers, cooking, laundry, Wi Fi and BBQ, without paying anything. So , I was paid for 2 people but actually accommodated 8 people.