AirBNB asking guest to pay more than our offer price

Karen691
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

AirBNB asking guest to pay more than our offer price

We can clearly see in our special offer that the guest will pay £2959.93. Yet they say the offer came through for £2963 and when they go to pay, AirBNB asks them for £3153. Why are they being asked to pay 6% more than the offer is supposed to be for?

Below is what we can see in the special offer:

£162.22 x 17 nights
£2757.70
Service fee
£202.23
Your guest will pay
£2959.93

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Small differences can occur if your guest is living in another country, due to currency exchanges.

Trying(!) to explain the bigger difference: The servicecosts in the offer are calculated about 7%, but normally it is much higher, around 14% (thats what i experienced, but i am on much lower renting rates...)

Best regards, Emiel

@Karen691

What @Emiel1 says is correct, and also, if it's Airbnb charging them more, they should really be asking this question to Airbnb, not the host. Technically, the figure for "rate per night x # of nights" and "cleaning fee (if any)" are the ones that the host has any control over. Anything else that affects the final price such as service fees or whatever....it's all under the discretion of ONLY Airbnb.

I've noticed that a lot of guests do not understand this so it might be best if you explain how payment works and YOU (host) have no control over and no idea why Airbnb is charging them that amount.

FYI, all of my guests to date have been international and without knowing exact figures but based on discussions with past guests there seems to be about a 15~16% difference between what the guest pays and my payout amount.

Good luck~