Airbnb app not working

Shahina0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb app not working

Hello

i seem to be having problems with the airbnb app all day today. Once opened it shuts down quickly. All other apps are working on my phone. 

Wondered  if anyone else was having this problem. Or can guide me how to contact airbnb team. 

Thank you

sheena

78 Replies 78
Alistair27
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I have a Samsung J4 android and for the last 3 days if's been shutting when I try to see my calendar. I hope they can fix this. 

Claus29
Level 1
Hinnerup, Denmark

Same problem on Apple Tv

Carolina306
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

I have Airbnb app on Android phone and iPhone. I have 2 airbnb accounts, and I change accounts on android, but I can not do it on the iPhone.
Does anyone have the solution for the iphone?

Jonathan803
Level 1
Carlisle, United Kingdom

Maybe coincidence, but the APP would not run on my Android 8.1 phone at all - until i unlinked my account from Facebook login (attempt an email login then do a forgot password).

After doing this it suddenly worked on my phone - i dont have facebook on my phone

Laura3030
Level 1
Bridge City, TX

I

trying to make payment not letting me!

I changed my password on a lap top for Airbnb and now I cant log into my app on my android phone

Theunis2
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I am all of a sudden having the same issue, app does not launch. I have an IPhone 7 on IOS13. App is working fine on my Husband iPhone 6. Shut down, reinstalled, updated IOS, still doing the same. Any advice?

Maggie397
Level 1
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

Same issue app starts than whole screen goes smaller and crashes. Reinstalled the app - refreshed IOS, worked once and an hour later same issue; 

Joanne206
Level 2
Jackson Bridge, United Kingdom

Hi, I'm having this issue too, just this morning. I've reinstalled the app, rebooted iPhone and still nothing. iPad and laptop versions are fine. Did anyone get a resolution? I've msg Airbnb but no response yet.

Cristina1862
Level 2
Nuremberg, Germany

I have a issue with my Airbnb app all day today. Once opened it shuts down quickly. All other apps are working on my phone. 

Wondered  if anyone else have Same issue ?

i use IPhone 8+ 

Joanne206
Level 2
Jackson Bridge, United Kingdom

This has happened to me all day today, iPhone 7. I’ve been in touch with an Airbnb rep, sent a screenshot. Very frustrating! 

Same here. I open the app and it shuts down immediately. Other apps are working normally. I have an reservation change request from guest and can’t access it either from the app or over browser (safari/chrome). What’s happening? Any tips? 

Derry7
Level 1
United Kingdom

Same problem with my app after updating iPhone. Called Airbnb and they said they were aware of the problem. Thought it would have been sorted by now, but still the same.

Alan199
Level 3
Guyhirn, United Kingdom

Yep... same problem here on iPhone 8.  It started yesterday and is continuing today.

Like most others; I've restarted phone several times, deleted and reinstalled app, updated iPhone OS (so the problem started in the previous version and has continued AFTER updating to the latest version... therefore it's NOT down to the OS).

After deleting and reinstalling the app it worked, but only briefly before the fault returned.

Again, the same as everyone else it appears to open, then the screen dims and the app disappears/fails to actually open on-screen. However, it is clearly 'open' as when double clicking the home button to show all open apps the Airbnb app is visible as running, yet when you touch it to bring it to the fore, it again dims the screen momentarily and fails to 'open on screen'.

works fine on iPad, but that's of limited use to me when out and about.

Please Airbnb get this sorted urgently as it affects hosts AND guests, very badly!!

Alan

hi there, i’m havingsame problem:l with ipone 6: i open and it doesnt, i cancel the app, reinstall, it works for like an hour and then again keep crushing. i saw the previous posts are old, did you solve the problem?  how? thanks! francesco