Airbnb asked us to book for their guests, now they do not pay us out

Urban-Power0
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Airbnb asked us to book for their guests, now they do not pay us out

This is a rather weird story, I hope one of the Airbnb team members is not part of a whole scam. 

I got a message from a potential guest, with a new profile and no reviews, saying airbnb would refund him for another apartment which had bugs. he said Airbnb had suggested our apartment. I checked this story with customer service, and they confirmed. They asked me to keep the dates open from 15-17 and then from 17-20 August. They would then pay for the second part.  In the meantime, the guests arrived for the first 2 days. After this, no more news from Airbnb . After some time, they said to trust them , and the dates kept being blocked by us, but the guests never booked through the system from 17-20 August with guidance of Airbnb. Nevertheless, Airbnb asked me to keep the guests in our house, guaranteeing that everything would be insured, and paid normally, even if I had no official booking confirmation. So we had unoficially guests in our house..... 

Until today, we are not paid, nor does the booking appear in our system, nor do they response anymore. If they delete our comversation, they could claim we never had this booking .... ( Luckily I made screenshots) .... Can it be that I have been scammed in some way ? This cannot be true , right ? Anyone else with the same experience ? This story has already cost us some hours of calling, texting, etc

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Urban-Power0 

This is indeed a strange story. If the guest needed to be relocated, I assume Airbnb would have contacted you straight away. Maybe some trainnee at Airbnb want to impress his supervisor by creating great solutions... and now the genius is fired ?

You can only ask Airbnb what is going on.... they should reopen the case and finish it properly.

Best regards,

Emiel

Mark1357
Level 4
Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CA

Make sure you write everything down and if you can screenshot everything.