Airbnb just removed my guests review after he tried to extort me

Sidra0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

Airbnb just removed my guests review after he tried to extort me

This guest stayed with me for only one night has only 5 star reviews.  Seven hours after check in he messaged me saying he believed the cleaning fee was too high($50) in hawaii Americas most expensive state. And that he knew how important a good review was to me so he would leave me a good review if I reimbursed the cleaning fee. I did not respond to him but reported this to airbnb right away. Airbnb responded by saying this was again their extorsion policy and his review will be removed if negative. He kept messaging until around 1am demanding I respond to him. The next morning around 11am he moved around my furniture and took pictures of little specks of dust and sent to airbnb demanding his fee back. Airbnb called me and I said it was ok with me and that I don't want any trouble so I reimbursed his fee. 

I then wrote a review stating what he had done and how he took picture and sent to Airbnb. He messaged me again about how unfair the review was and that he will do everything to get it removed. Today airbnb sends me a message saying my review is being removed because it violated their policy where I mention Airbnb investigations. My review did not mention any investigation but just the fact that he took pictures and sent to them. 

I can believe that after what I went through with this guest I got absolutely no support from airbnb. And guess what this guest has only 5 star reviews and now I know why because he would not let it go until he gets his way. He pressured airbnb to come up with the lamest excuse to get my review removed. So there you go! You cant even trust any guests with full 5 star reviews now that I know how easy it is to get them removed and this guy has been and will be allowed to behave in this manner to future hosts as well. 

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sidra0 but mentioning Airbnb is really against their policies and they will have every review removed. It doesn't matter if the word "investigation" was or wasn't in the review. I know how frustrating it is but as they said they will remove his review which is against policy and you were fine with it, you must accept that they removed your review too for the same reason. 

Sidra0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

This is what my review said, "he moved the furniture around and took pictures of little specks of dust and sent them to airbnb"

Apart from this there is no other mention of Airbnb. This doesnt mention what they said or what they did. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sidra0 it doesn't matter, you imply that Airbnb was involved. Why even mention it, it is not a ctime to send photos to Airbnb. You already knew that Airbnb would delete his review so you should have reviewed him as safely as possible in order not to get your review deleted but still honestly. Him submitting photos to Airbnb isn't even a problem, the extortion is. 

Sidra0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

I also want to know what have they done in the first place seeing how badly this guy behaved. Youd be surprised if I posted screenshots of his messages. The guy has some serious mental issues and yet airbnb does nothing