Airbnb legal department

Roy-and-Nahid0
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Airbnb legal department

Dear Hosts,

Can anyone guide us how to reach Airbnb legal department. Once again, we are being scrutinized by Airbnb’s poor decision making team. Guests calls in to make inaccurate information to get out of the reservation. Airbnb calls one of us twice and I didn’t have my phone on me. They canceled the reservation saying that we canceled, blocked our calendar, no payout and the guests used the space and are still holding on to our keys.  The case manager is persistent that it is still our fault. 

This is not acceptable. 

15 Replies 15

Hi did you get any information about legal department? 

Keren-And-Benjamin0
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

the void is worrisome. 

Susan4079
Level 1
Miami, FL

gate codes being submitted on a listing. how does an hoa get this removed? cant believe this practice is allowed

Nancy1513
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I’ve had the same thing happen a few times; has anyone been able to find this information?

Brandy106
Level 2
Brownsburg, IN

I'm a guest and I need the legal department as the resolution center didn't resolve my claim. This is NOT A relaxing Niagara Falls vacation home and I want my money back.Screenshot_20211017-122841_Chrome.jpg 

Anna11111
Level 1
Enskede, Sweden

I now see that this is a real issue. I was also scammed this winter by Airbnb and they state that I in some way broke the rules so I cannot get a refund. What they state is that it did not report issue within 24h which I did and I have evidence for. Then they state that I cancelled before I contacted them but there is nowhere in their conditions that you must follow that path. Instead it says I have to vacate in order to get refund. So they point to conditions but cannot say where i went wrong. I see now that airbnb are scammers and after this matter has been closed I will gather my evidence and ensure as many as possible chose something else. And close my account. 

Hello Anna,

i just had the same exact thing happen to me and the Airbnb Support team clearly haven’t read their own contract. Have you reached a resolution? I am also gathering evidence against them.

Nic15080
Level 1
Omaha, NE

I completely understand. I had a guest attempt to throw a party and when I confronted them, I was called a racist. The airbnb team is completely inept. They play silly games with your account. This occurred 2 months ago and with no warning reduced my latest earnings by rewarding the liar with a refund, and when I request an explanation I get no response. 

Kathy472
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Airbnb has shut down one of my listing and canceled the entire summer of booking well over 10,000 . Guest are angry and I have no answers . The safety ambassador in charge claims a guest said I entered the rental ?? Which I did not . Is there any legal contact at airbnb I can try to resolve this ? 

I am a guest in Colombia where the Hosts published a listing I rented for a year and 5 months later the Homeowner's Association knocked on our door saying the homeowner did NOT have permission to list a "tourist" place in their community (Colombia has strict laws about this) and they asked me to cancel the reservation and now going after the homeowner for breaking the law in Colombia.  AirBnb has NOT canceled my reservation after I have REPEATEDLY asked them.  And the app won't let me do it!  All these stupid rules that they have in place and they themselves don't follow nor adhere to.  This is such a JOKE!  

Peyton24
Level 1
Durham, NH

For context, I booked a 'charming 3 bedroom house' in Hamilton, Ohio approximately 7 months in advance in order to secure lodging for the college graduation weekend at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. 

The host cancelled our reservation, the day of our arrival, and we were forced to immediately seek new lodging, and incur approximately $2,000 in expenses due to last minute, high demand pricing, for graduation weekend.  

I'm also seeking contact information the AirBnB legal department and I intend to share my experience quite broadly so that other parents, traveling to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio encounter a similar experience with a charming 3 bedroom house in Hamilton, Ohio

Paul8677
Level 1
Pannal, United Kingdom

I booked a “superb apartment in Bourg “ which had a map which identified it as being in the centre of Bourg St Maurice where we wanted to stay as our friends had houses nearby. The day before we arrived we were sent directions to an apartment 25 minutes away from Bourg. We refused to attend and asked for a full refund. The host had deliberately misrepresented the location and knew that no one would want to stay 25 minutes away from Bourg as there is nothing to do around the apartment. The case handler was inept and offered me £300 refund against my booking cost of £3500. I told him I was not satisfied and he said there was no appeal. Consequently I told him I would sue Air BnB and the host for fraudulent misrepresentation and asked for contact details of their legal team. His message back was to say that the matter has been resolved. So I will be suing them in UK small claims court - it’s an easy process and you don’t need a lawyer to do it. I will update this post once tye matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. 

Sean1342
Level 1
Atlantic Beach, NY

I am also having an issue with Airbnb and my host.  I have requested information for the Airbnb legal department twice but customer service refuses to provide it.  If anyone has that info please pass along as I intend on suing Airbnb and my host.  

Chris16615
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

You can reach them by mail only.

CSC Lawyers Incorporating Service
2710 Gateway Oaks Drive, Ste 150 N
Sacramento, California 95833