Airbnb tolerates my host to give my phone number to someone to harass him

Airbnb tolerates my host to give my phone number to someone to harass him

First, I think it is wrong to give your guests' phone numbers to other people.

Second, it is illegal if you tell other people to use the number to harass the guest.

My host wanted to let other people to move in, so she wanted to terminate my reservation. Because this would give her an automatic review and penalty, she gave my number to a guyto harass me and forced me to cancel the booking myself. I had talked to airbnb, but they refused to penalise the host. Because I said I wouldn't cancel my book and let the host cancel herself and receive penalty, airbnb even altered the booking date so the host isn't penalised. I had shown Airbnb the phone record that the guy called me 4 times in 2 minutes. Also, from the airbnb messages I exchanged with host, she approved the guy's harassment and said he explained very clearly. What I can do to make airbnb take my case seriously?

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello

You've already posted twice a few days back regarding this issue.

You were already advised on what to do and you have Airbnb's number and have been corresponding with them.

I would hope if the circumstance are as you described that BNB would have helped you find somewhere else.

All you can do is pursue your case with them.

This is a forum of hosts, so am not sure how we can help?

Good luck

Airbnb claimed that,

"I called [host's name] and had her confirmation that she's interrupting the reservation from tomorrow"

a week later I contacted Airbnb again and they said something contradicted to themselves,

"your prior Case Manager thought it was the best course of action to alter the reservation to change the due date to an earlier date"

They said the host intrrupted the reservation, so they would leave an automatic review saying she cancelled the reservation. Then they said airbnb altered the reservation, so they won't penalise the host.

I left a review about how she harassed me. The host can leave a response to my review claiming it was my mistakes. If she is not punished, no one will believe in me. My future hosts might not accept my booking request and other innocent guests might be her next victims.

Most importantly, the whole thing is ridiculously nonsense. You informed me you've already done something. Then when  I asked you later and you said you did another thing. I think Airbnb is a giant business. They just cannot do dodgy things like this

We are hosts helping each other with advice. You are not talking to AirBnb here. 

I can be both guest and host. My past review will be a factor if my guest decide to stay at my place. If the host who harassed me is not penalised, my negative review on her will be less plausible and her review on me will be more powerful. Also, as a future host, I want Airbnb to more strict on bad host because it is better for good host like me!