All my hosting funds stolen

Kimberly120
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

All my hosting funds stolen

I allowed my hosting monies  of over $5000.00 to be put on the AIRBNB reccomended prepaid card -Payoneer.  There has been large charges of fraudulent activity and ALL myfunds which I've worked so hard for in the last three months are gone.  Simply gone!  Theft on a massive scale.    I can't pay my bills/payroll nothing.. it was all theobey I have.  I thought it was safe being on an Airbnb reccomended card.  It absolutely is not !  am  NOT   timely help from Payoneer...only major run around. And inferences this could take months if they and when they seem it fraud.  These are overseas charges for large amounts that I know nothing of.  15 Iof them.  I am literally physically ill. and don't know what to do.  Hellp!  Also do not feel safe ever with using the Payoneer card. How can I talk to someone at Airbnb?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kimberly120 

I think this is a problem to be addressed at Payoneer.

Phone numbers of Airbnb are listed here:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

(But reaching Airbnb by phone is difficult these days)

Best regards,

Emiel

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kimberly120 I am sorry to hear what has happened to you. I personally would not waste my time with Airbnb as they are not liable in any way for what has happened. You will need to continue to talk with Payoneer - I don't know US rules but if it was in the UK you could, if they don't take appropriate action, take them to the regulator.

I don't know if Payoneer are a good company or not - Even good banks do take some time to action fraud but most come good in the end so be hopeful!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Kimberly120  my sympathy is with you.

Ask Payoneer for a written copy of where your account funds have been used, dates, times etc . Check the background of those places where your monies have been spent,  contact those businesses directly for CCTV footage & report it to both your local Police & that of the Police wherever it's been used. You can do those things online.

There's Police who will help you there as they are stuck behind desks in many parts of the world as long as we are under the control of WHO & our Director Generals of Health..we do still have Human Rights wherever we are.

Hang in there & let us know how you get on. 

All the best