Another guest has turned up ?

Sandra957
Level 3
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Another guest has turned up ?

Hi, I have a booking for two people tonight however although only enough beds/bedding for two people another person has turned up with them. When I stated that the accommodation was only for two people the third said it’s ok I will be ok on the sofa . It’s slightly annoyed me and wondered what other hosts would do in this situation .?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sandra957 

The third guest has no legal right to stay in your guesthouse. You can deny access.

The third guest even stating "it's ok, i will be ok on the sofa" would make me personally very angry !

best regards,

Emiel

Sandra957
Level 3
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks for your response Emiel, yes it did make me slightly angry, and a little taken aback ,haven’t had this situation happen before and just wanted other hosts thoughts. As they only arrived just over an hour ago I’ve let it go however as they are staying tonight and tomorrow night will take a peek at how they are treating the place in the morning. 

Thanks for your reply though

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Just nope. Couches are not beds and extra people count.

Thomas1033
Level 10
North Tonawanda, NY

@Sandra957On one particular time of this happening to us there were 5 guys registered and 6 showed up.  I imagine he made a bed out of our new couch cushions because an extra set of sheets were used.  I made Tom tell them we expected the place to be left spotless.  It was that or I was going to lose it as we had been having this exact problem over and over.  We included up to 5 in a reservation and it said no extra charge for extra guests which I believe was the problem as well.  Now I have an extra charge of $100 per person per night over 5.  And in our listing 5 includes children and infants.  I’m wondering if my wording in my rules turns people off a little bit oh well without it I have no recourse.