Bad Guest who I think will leave me a bad review due to conflict

Chelsea159
Level 1
Kitchener, Canada

Bad Guest who I think will leave me a bad review due to conflict

I have a guest who was completely awful. He was extremely loud, disrespectful of the space and when I refused to take cash for an extended stay he threatened me with a bad review. I told him it was for both of our protection that it had to be through airbnb and he argued that my pricing was too high. In the meantime I had another guest book the dates he wanted and he told me I had to cacel that guest...which of course I did not.

He has since checked out yesterday and left the space in an AWFUL mess. There were dirty dishes all over, and the stovetop was so dirty that it almost is beyond repair. Not to mention him and his family had hid some of the decorative items around the house and I spent over an hour finding everything.

I know he has given me a bad review even though I cant do anything about it other than give him a bad review. Do I have any other options?

1 Reply 1
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Chelsea159  I hope you are well!

If you have kept all your comms with this guest on the airbnb platform and you can show airbnb his threat you might be able to have them remove his review, as his threat to leave a bad review could be a violation of airbnb's extortion policy:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/548/what-is-airbnb-s-extortion-policy

I'd put your own calm, factual and well-considered review up to enable you to view his- and then take action with airbnb if you think it's required.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂