Bad neighbor an occupancy taxes

Mary4168
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

Hello everyone, I need help from the community. I started Airbnb back in 2019. Everything has been going great, we are super host in the community.

Everything is fantastic, except we have a next-door neighbor, who just moved in about a year ago.

he has made life hell for us, he has put seven cameras on my property. All the cameras coming out of his home, or appointed a different bedrooms, and bathrooms of my property.

And addition to the cameras, he put that rats in my property, closes my access to the driveway, takes videos and pictures of my miners daughter.

Report me to the treasury department, LA County(building and safety department, regional and planning), department of taxation, and recently to the legal department of Airbnb.

we have no idea what to do, it’s harassment nonstop, if it’s not from one source then it’s another.

this man only lives to harass us.

can anyone help us??

12 Replies 12
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Mary4168 

Call your lawyer if you are completely compliant with your local laws.

Sounds like your neighbor is invading your private space.  Ugh, good luck.

Lawyers are so expensive, I am a single mom.  In this rough economy I am barely making it.

if I could afford one, I have enough evidence.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mary4168 

I would suggest that you first send a very polite letter to the neighbor asking if he has a problem that the two of you might solve amicably.

Collect any evidence of outright harassment quietly and keep it.

If he responds to your letter he might incriminate himself.

The next step would be to talk to an attorney about your options.

This sort of thing is why I prefer to live in a place where I cannot see or hear any neighbors or even smell the smoke from their cooking fires.

@Brian2036  That's why rich people buy islands

I need peace 

Awe Brian,

you are so sweet. This man is mental.

I have a restraining order in place, and ever since I got the restraining order the attacks quadruple.

30 days in a row he was making police reports. He was making fake prank calls to the police, that I’m making noises

@Mary4168 30 days in a row? Hopefully a charge of public mischief follows and solves the problem. 

You would think that, the police keep showing up, and telling us that they have an anonymous call. We know exactly who’s calling, so we try to tell them, but they don’t want to hear anything. They will show up and leave

It’s actually pretty sickening. He’s just jealous that we have a successful Airbnb. He’s an angry man

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mary4168 

I’m slightly surprised that the police haven’t gotten tired of him harassing them by now, but that’s California for you.

In Arkansas they would have made an unofficial visit to his house for the purpose of advising him that making false police reports can land him in jail.

Or face down in the street for resisting arrest.

In California they tell me anyone can make a report. The police has to come, and that’s the end of it.

California is becoming savage 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Mary4168 

So sorry to hear all this.  Fantastic for you to run a successful business.

Do you have the option of a Legal Aid lawyer.  We do in Canada in some circumstances.