Both host and guest cannot cancel

Tom2591
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Both host and guest cannot cancel

Both when I try to cancel a booking and when the host tries we get an error message saying "Something went wrong. Please contact customer support for assistance". It has now been 5 days since I left, and we have both tried calling and messaging customer support but we have not received  single response.

I am trying to cancel for Extenuating Circumstances because I am not covered by Airbnb's Extenuating Circumstances Policy for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as it does not cover stays with a check-in date before 14 March 2020. My trip began on 10 March 2020 and was meant to be for 29 days until 8 April 2020 but I had to leave after 9 days.

The host would like to have availabilities for the days until April 8, but cannot. I have discussed with the host and they are happy to refund me the days I did not use but as we cannot cancel the booking that cannot be sorted at all. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can proceed?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Try Airbnb on their social media @Tom2591 

@Tom2591 I am having the same problem. Any solutions yet?

@Mevludin0 I tweeted and direct messaged @ airbnbhelp on twitter with case details and my account name and the hosts info, and then a few hours later airbnb messaged me back in the airbnb app. So probably related but might have been luck