Calendar problems

Answered!
Lucinda-Beaumont0
Level 2
Riding Mill, United Kingdom

Calendar problems

I think I am a victim of this really annoying calendar problem that seems to be happening whereby dates which I have blocked randomly become unblocked. VERY frustrating, although I keep an eye on this every day to catch them when it happens. However, even more annoyingly, I have just noticed that the system is allowing potential guests to book any time in advance when I clearly state I would only like 6 months in advance. The setting looks correct but the dates still haven't blocked out. I don't know what else I can do to fix this! Please help!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lucinda-Beaumont0  How annoying and frustrating for you.  You should be able to trust that the platform is working.  Sure, every once in a while any platform will glitch, but if you have to sit on it daily, Air BNB needs to be notified.  The community guide on this site has several options for contacting Air BNB, I like to use Twitter for technical issues.

View Best Answer in original post

73 Replies 73
Gent1
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

I have the same problem here.My AirBnB calendars are all sync with booking but ,what to say ,if somebody book with booking all other properties which are listed in AirBnB go close in those days and I can not get any booking, strange,annoying and lose money, how to fix it guys????

Zora-And-Roger0
Level 1
McCaysville, GA

I too have had blocke dates become unblocked without my knowing resulting in double booking!

All I can say is this summer is the first time I have hosted through airbnb and I will never do so again. The whole experience was stressful and without any support for hosts. 

I primarily use the Airbnb app on my iPhone which has been working out great! Within the last two days I have noticed when I pull up my calendar, I cannot scroll down past the month of January. I was able to do that with no problems before. Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

Report the bug ASAP. If an issue persists after you've checked that you've got the latest app version + an up-to-date release for your phone, and you've deleted and reinstalled the app, report it!

I've found that after doing all of the above, if I wait for a fix it may take awhile and the problem will continue to stymy and aggravate you; why spend our time this way when we could be doing other, more productive things. Everyone assumes that someone will report the problem, or that the tech team will figure it out in their testing. This isn't always the case.

The last incarnation of the app, both my husband and I had the same problem: When opening up the reservation from the calendar (by clicking on guest's icon) and attempting to use the message icon to click through to any messages, nothing happened. This continued for almost a week (after a few days I started checking with my husband--to confirm it wasn't simply my phone mucking up). I contacted @Airbnbhelp who said they'd report the issue to the technical team. I also called Airbnb, and I think I left feedback/reported a bug (don't remember now; it's been a couple of weeks and I spend a lot of time on Airbnb either on my laptop or app--we're high-volume hosts--so stuff starts to run together). It was fixed within a day.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

I earlier on (2016) set up my calendar to sync with Other pages I host with. Somehow that synchronisation is not active now and it has led to a double booking. I have read that I may incur a $50 fee if I cancel the booking, get a notification put on my booking that I "host cancelled booking" and that in would lose superhostibg status for a year. Who can I reach (via email) to assist me with this. I've checked my app in vain.

Calendar synchronisation appears to be somewhat unreliable but as a host it is your responsibility to avoid double booking or the automated system response to cancellation will levy all the host penalties as you have noted.

Since the Air BNB system is contributing to your problem, it is best to work directly with Air BNB if you have to cancel.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB.  Hope this helps.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Becky97
Level 2
Nevada City, CA

Obviously from the HUGE amount of hosts posting issues with the calendar doing its own thing Airbnb does not have a working calendar. We are all experiencing issues. When my calendar would allow double bookings, (even when I had them blocked), I had some very snotty young customer service person tell me I must not be managing my calendar. To solve the double booking issue I had to remove instant booking option. My calendar was also randomly blocking every single weekend in its own. I solved that by eliminating the calendar links 

Vera152
Level 2
Split, Croatia

Hello,

I have two apartments and when I get reservation for one apartment, other apartment is reserved on calendar aswel. We tried several things to solve that problem but none of them worked. Also, I deleted import-export calendar and it didn't work.

Thank You for Your help,

Sincerely,

Vera Paut.

@Vera152, you may have linked the calendars accidentally. You do NOT want the calendars to be linked.

To unlink the calendars,

1. Edit one of the listings.
  2. Choose the "Availability" page
  3. Scroll down and find the "Linked Airbnb calendars" section. Choose "Edit"
  4. UNcheck any linked calendars.
  5. Save

You may have to do this on both listings.

Hamza17
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

Hi all 

i am blocking dates on my calendar but they dont get slashed as blocked like before on the calendar view of my listing how can i solve this problem ?

Nancy436
Level 1
Gimli, Canada

Hello, 

About the calendar, why is it only highliting and showing days available the day of the week that I have blocked off for weekly bookings.

I have 2 weeks in August available, but are weekly bookings ,in on Friday out on Friday.  On the calendar it just shows each Friday highlited and all the other days to the next friday x out.  To me that looks like the rest of the days are not available..I know if you click on the Highlighted Friday it it will show that  whole week needs to be booked but if someone is just browsing it looks like the highlited days are the only days available.  I think Each Friday should be highlited and then the following days to the next friday should be shown on the calendar.

I also noticed that I had a instant booking , when I did not see a question if I wanted instand booking or not. I had to go back in the program and find out where I could change it.  I dont think that should be a automatic feature.

I have had friends complaining of the days available had been changed on their calendars and that is why they dont use Airbnb  anymore.  I check mine regularly so I can catch this if it happens to me ,but it is becoming a daunting task.

Thank You

Nancy

Natasha187
Level 1
Toronto, CA

I'm experiencing the same problem. I blocked off 9-weeks, 9 months from now, and a random two-week window opened up -- someone booked it using Instand Book, but there's no way I can accomodate this request. It's frustrating to have to keep an eye on dates I've blocked, but I also don't want to receive a negative alert for cancellating a reservation (or pay a cancellation fee!). 

Rez4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi there

How can I unblock the dates in my calendar where is not blocke by me or guests 

Yulya2
Level 1
Nyon, Switzerland

I had a similar problem, so another person booked the dates that i was already keeping for a group of guests i know, but they couldnt book, as dates showed up unavailable,  seems the calendar took a while to update. 

Next day another person booked the dates and I had to cancel the person that 'doublebooked' and now the dates are blocked, so the group of guests that i know cannot book anymore either.

How silly is that and what am I supposed to do ??