Can I delete cancelled/historic trips?

Catherine156
Level 7
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Can I delete cancelled/historic trips?

Hi, can i remove my canclled or historic trips from my profile? 

45 Replies 45
Gregg18
Level 1
Washington, DC

I have to agree with the comments requesting this option.  I don't really care if other people see my trips.  There are some that I would like to hide from my own view.  To wit, I had to cancel some of them due to travel plan changes, and hate to have the constant reminder of them everytime I open that file.  Would really like to forget the unpleasent memories they bring up very time I look at my trip list.

Péter3
Level 5
Eindhoven, Netherlands

Agreed, would be a great feature to be able to hide trips from the own view. 

The potential host can still see past trips and reviews, and the trip is not deleted, it is just hidden (ie. filtered out) from my own trip history view.

Carl109
Level 1
Worthington, OH

I +1 this.  Such a basic feature.  Why can it not be added?

Andrea1441
Level 3
Connecticut, United States

It's a sensitive matter of privacy.

Any kind of people (colleagues, employers, employees, relatives, partners, stalkers...) might collect info on us and make use of it. 

I don't mind having publicly displayed reviews of me as a host, but reviews of me as a guest should be shared only with the host that I'm contacting.

Steffen33
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

+1 It is an essential feature. Please add. 

Samantha253
Level 1
Highland Park, NJ

Agreed that the ability to hide trips needs to be a thing. I've been trying to book places in Paris for later this year. 6 attempts either declined by host, canceled by host, or expired because host never responded to booking request. They are all clogging up my trips page, keeping me from seeing the places that I'm actually going to be stay throughout my travels!

Lior12
Level 1
Turin, Italy

I couldn't agree more - the absence of this basic feature is really absurd.

I for instance have on my list of trips a couple of entries that represent two trips that had been cancelled (one by the host and one by myself) before their booking REQUESTS were ever confirmed.
In both cases money never changed hands (apart from the hold placed on my CC by Airbnb, of course) ad no problem was caused to either of the involved parties, so - why on earth do I have to keep seeing trips I never took in the first place in the midst of the ones I did ?!
If not completely erasing any trace of these insignificant entries, you could at least automatically create a different category/folder in which cancelled trips are stored so that we won't have to see them every single time we access our profile.
just a thought...

Georgiana7
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Can you please make this feature available!

This still isn't a feature yet?  Please add this ASAP

Genna4
Level 1
Montana, United States

I agree, there needs to be an option to remove past trips from your Airbnb history. I was incorrectly sent an invite from a former roommate's aunt and it automatically added me to the trip... I never went. We no longer speak and every time I see my trips,  it's there and it's just a reminder of bad memories. Again, I NEVER WENT on this trip so I'm not even sure why it was added to my history.

To those saying, "Make a new account!" Uhh, no. That would delete all of the REAL trips and history that belong to me. I don't want that. But if it's not a realistic portrayal of my Airbnb history, why should it be allowed to stay? At least make an option where we can contact support and with a valid reason (like NOT going on the trip) we could get it reviewed and removed from our Airbnb history.

What is the problem with adding this feature? If I get enough bad reviews, I can make a new account anyway. And if I trash someone's place or something ridiculous, I'll be banned from Airbnb, right? So what is the fear in adding this removal feature? I get the whole, "You don't want the hosts to be able to hide their negative comments" thing, but this isn't the same at all.

Should hosts be allowed to get bad reviews from guests who didn't stay with them? No. Should I have to be reminded of a trip I never took? No. Come on. 

Dave382
Level 2
Denver, CO

I support thid idea.

I really want to have an ARCHIVE bucket where I put past trips.

Asraf0
Level 1
Mesa, AZ

not sure if Airbnb listens to any of you at all 🙂

Hinesh0
Level 1
Brampton, Canada

I'm in a similar boat  My trip history shows me going to Philadelphia with someone I don't know  According to airbnb, this a person can add me to a trip without my approval, even a stranger!

And the kicker.... They can't remove it. Wow! 

Hinesh Rathod
Nicole1017
Level 1
Wenatchee, WA

Please make this available. It's so annoying to have canceled trips sitting in my trips list. It does no good for me or the host. Provide this feature, please!

Oren19
Level 2
Gedera, Israel

To bad they do not listen to customer requests .. this is usless...