Can I delete cancelled/historic trips?

Catherine156
Level 7
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Can I delete cancelled/historic trips?

Hi, can i remove my canclled or historic trips from my profile? 

45 Replies 45
Mia148
Level 2
New York, NY

Please make this feature available! 

It does no harm to the guest nor the host. We simply want to remove unwanted reminders from our list, especially when they are in the way of trips we actually want to see/give referrals of.

Sam714
Level 1
Seoul, South Korea

fortunately,

guests cant browse throught other guest accounts so you should be safe there

Not true - if I’ve EVER taken a trip with anyone, & tagged them, they can see my entire profile….including my trip history with reviews. 

David4152
Level 2
Ta' Xbiex, Malta

This is very stalker friendly. anyone that knows my profile number for any reason (past exes, previous work associates, people that used to have access to the same computer etc, someone that wants to stalk me and checks properties where I MIGHT have stayed until they find me, or a new partner) will be able to lookup my past and future trips at any time they want. It's a drama magnet, not to mention potentially dangerous.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@David4152 only you can see your future trips when you log in to your profile. 

Yes but once they are over, there will be the review and anyone can see where I've been. So someone I was involved with 3 years ago can see where I've been 3 years later. It should be optional to have your location history published. There's social media for people that CHOOSE to publish that stuff publicly.

David4152
Level 2
Ta' Xbiex, Malta

TL;DR I also had a trip cancelled, the host said she wanted to see a photo of me... I sent her this but then she went ahead and cancelled anyway. She wrote a vague review trying to imply some reasons for the cancellation but it was obvious she wanted to cancel for some other reason that she didn't want people to know. She wanted me to checking at 7am and lectured me that her place was not good for me anyway(?!). Now I have that weird review of a non-existant trip in my profile forever. I assume she wanted to post a reason for cancelling in short notice to not appear unreliable. Like someone pointed out before, it's just a bad memory to have someone being dishonest and cancel my trip. I don't want it in my trip list and I don't want to have a public review about me from a non-existant trip...

My point is:

I see no need to be reminded about a trip that never actually happened (Nor for the public to be able to see info about it).

Oren19
Level 2
Gedera, Israel

until someone brings a law suit against AirBnB for violating privacy laws - nothing will change .

Maksut1
Level 1
Moscow, Russia

+1/Please make this feature available!

Jønathan0
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I mistakenly added an event on the wrong date (but never booked it) and it created the event that cannot be deleted. So it's a record of a non-event in a non-trip. And when I edit the event to the correct date (outside the dates of the non-trip), it still shows up. Really dumb. 

Please add this feature. Such an invasion of my privacy. I should be able to disclose this information or choose which stays I'd like to disclose. 

I would like to delete my past trip because something traumatic happened to me there. It keeps popping up and I feel like my only option is to delete my entire account.

Terrence40
Level 1
New York, United States

Please add the feature to DELETE PAST OR CANCELLED trips.... for the love of God it would be such an easy thing for you to do. What is the Hold-up AirBnB??? Seriously..... WTH

They obviously don’t care about people’s privacy. I called them & lectured them about this being a safety concern & they told me that they encourage people to NOT leave reviews if they have privacy concerns…but I’ve never ever read anywhere that my entire review history would be viewable to anyone I’ve ever taken a trip with! Crazy.

Ryan2694
Level 2
Upland, CA

I completely understand that Airbnb may have valid internal connectivity reasons for not enabling users to remove/delete past trips that they want off of their profiles... But at the very least there should be a feature that allows users to "Archive" past trips so that they are not visible on the "Trips" section of our account/profile.  There's so many examples in this thread of why people want that history removed or hidden.  If they cannot provide a solution for this, I will likely be canceling my account.