Can the guest go back and change her review?

Answered!

Can the guest go back and change her review?

Guest left a month early but doesn't want to pay the adjusted amount she is reponsible.  I even offered to split the difference with her.  She doesn't think she owes anything.  She did a little damage around the house and also didn't follow house rules.  

I see she left a review but can't read it.  I think I'm going to have to cut my loss monetary wise.   We were fine at first but last few weeks were tense; personality conflict; mainly over money owed.

She even said in one of her nasty text messages I am a good host but she doesn't like me.   She truly needs anger management classes.  😉   

I don't want a bad review.   Any of you fine folks have  ideas on how to leave a review and not get a retaliatory negative feedback?   Or ideas on a good neutral review?   I have twelve more days to leave one.  

1 Best Answer

Thank you so much for your helpful response; I greatly appreciate it!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Cindy84,

As she's already left a review it will appear on your profile and listing page when you write one of her. If you don't write a review her review will appear on your pages anyway after 14 days.

Hosts can edit a review within a certain time after writing, maybe 48 hours, or until the guest writes theirs.

I presume that the same applies to guests. In any case, once you write your review the guest cannot change theirs. They can write a reply which appears only on their profile page just like you can write a reply to their review and it appears only on your pages.

As she's already written her review she can't retaliate after seeing yours.

You can leave a review to say whether she was tidy or not, arrived on time or not etc. and saying something neutral like "X would be better suited to an hotel environment". You then decide how to rank her on communication, cleanliness and observance of house rules and whether you say yes or no to recommending her to other hosts.

Steve.

Thank you so much for your helpful response; I greatly appreciate it!