Cancelation policy

Answered!
Jacqui61
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Cancelation policy

Please could someone help me with setting a cancellation fee.

Do I set a percentage fee, and what is acceptable? It is a 10 day booking in 2 months time.

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Your cancellation policy needs to be set before a booking occurs, @Jacqui61. What you have in place now is what your already-booked guest will have to abide by. Going forward, choose your policy under Listings -> Listing Details. Scroll down to Cancellation Policy and hit Edit. Find the policy you want and click that. You can read about the policies here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/149/what-is-the-airbnb-cancellation-policy

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Your cancellation policy needs to be set before a booking occurs, @Jacqui61. What you have in place now is what your already-booked guest will have to abide by. Going forward, choose your policy under Listings -> Listing Details. Scroll down to Cancellation Policy and hit Edit. Find the policy you want and click that. You can read about the policies here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/149/what-is-the-airbnb-cancellation-policy

Jacqui61
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank You Lawrene!

Hi,

I am trying to change the cancellation policy of my villa but I do not know how to do it.

I went on my listings

Manage listing

Booking settings on top of page

I clicked on edit next to cancel policy

and I tried to change my cancellation policy but it does not allow me to change to "super strict 60 days"

Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Guy

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Guy-Et-Popy0

Have a look at information on Airbnb Help Centre which explains how host cancellation policies work.

It tells you on there that super strict policies are only available to hosts with very expensive or remote properties.

Are you in this situation? If so give Airbnb a call and ask them to review.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your help.

Do you know how I can phone them?

There is no number on their site..

Best regards,

Guy

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Guy-Et-Popy0

As far as I know, super strict is by invitation only.