Cancellation & Refund

Answered!
Mari20
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Cancellation & Refund

Yesterday, I requested to book a room, but it says I can't complete my "Request to book" if I don't verify my ID, I also asked the host if she received my Request, she said NO. So I just cancelled the request. And it didn't deduct my money in my account. Today, I tried to book a room again, which is "Instant Book", I am done inputting my info for the payment, and I clicked "I agree" and the "Continue", it said again that I should verify my ID. So I was thinking that it won't deduct from my account just like what happened yesterday, I clicked Cancel Request, but it directly cancelled my request, it didn't ask what is the reason why (which most cases they will ask you first why and show you some reasons). When I check my Account, there, it already deducted the amount, and it didn't even Email me about the cancellation. I am afraid I won't get my refund. 😞 Anything I can do to get the refund please? Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Mari20 You will need to contact Airbnb directly so they can look at your account.  Unfortunately this forum is not staffed by Airbnb.  Click on the link below to see all the ways you can get in touch.

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46
Bonnie308
Level 1
Pioneertown, CA

I don’t know what to do.  Someone used my phone number to make a reservation.  It was charged to my PayPal account.  I’ve requested a refund both from air bnb and PayPal for 363.00.  Neither service will refund my money.  This is from November.  Air bnb said they have a ticket generated 12/14 but after a few emails I am told that they will get back to me and then I don’t hear from them again.  Air bnb tells me to contact the person the used my account to make a reservation, but they won’t tell me who this person is.  It goes around like this with every contact I have with them, always ending with them telling me they will check into it and get back to me, which they never do.  I am now so angry.  What do I do?

Dave-And-Ruth0
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

Hi fellow hosts, l have been a member since 2012 and l am very worried about what l am reading on this site. So much confusion seems to be occurring but l definitely think l am being scammed. Last year when we went into lockdown l offered all my guest's a full refund even though l had a strict cancellation policy. This was after the extenuating circumstances expired in airbnbs policy because l felt it still was extenuating circumstances when borders were closed. Most of the guests choose to cancel but some wanted to book ahead which l agreed to. However one guest booked a year ahead and when l realised she wouldn't be able to complete her booking due to restrictions l wrote offering t refund her 3 weeks in advance if her check in date. Now this was very strange she said she was going to cancel and thanked me for being so generous. Next l received a request for me to cancel, which l have never seen before, probably because l don't cancel. It asked if I could still host as the guest wanted to make another booking. I said yes l could still host her. Next she writes asking where her refund is. I explained that l thought she couldn't honor her booking and what would she like to do. Then she asked to ring me as she needed to talk to me about her Mastercard as it's now expired. I suggested she contact Airbnb as they handle this side if the transaction. Next she wrote saying she had been on the phone all day to Airbnb and they refused to let her change the card so she could get a refund. So could she book a year in advance again. I explained that l couldn't commit to another year. And suggested she ring the bank where the card had been opened so that they could temporarily reopen it so she could receive the refund. I have not had a response in over a week . I feel very uneasy about who l'm dealing with as they have no reviews and yet have been a member since 2011. Any ideas on what is going on? I have never experienced anything like it and Airbnb have not contacted me so I doubt if they were contacted by the guest.