Cancelling a reservation and getting full refund

Ahmed154
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Cancelling a reservation and getting full refund

Hi All,

I need some advice before confronting the host and opening a case in Airbnb resolution center.

I made a reservation for this apartment in Bogota (Colombia) 3 weeks ago and the host who lives in Mexico told me that her co-host will send me the check-in instructions when the date is close. 5 days before the date I sent her a friendly reminder that I still need info how to get the keys and I told her I will be arriving from Canada late in the evening. She said her co-host will contact me shortly and as of today ( 2 days before my departure to Colombia)  I still have no idea how I am going to get the keys upon my arrival.

This morning, I sent her an angry email saying that this situation is making me uncomfortable and gave her by the end of today to give a clear instructions how to do the check-in or to do full refund.

Her answer was simply she cannot understand why I feel uncomfortable about this whole situation and for her it is normal and her co-host will contact me.

I am 2 days away from my trip to Colombia and this situation is making not at ease with this host despite she has a lot of good reviews.

Her cancellation policy if done within 48 hours only 50% refund.

Should this be a good reason to ask for a full refund if I raise the issue to Airbnb?

Cheers,

Ahmed

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ahmed154 while this host's responsiveness to your concern is not the best you may be overreacting. Some hosts do not provide check-in info until day before/of check-in. Whether Airbnb would grant you a full refund on these grounds is hard to say; you could try it. Or, you could ask Airbnb to contact the host to try to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks @Lisa723