Ceo Politics

James315
Level 1
Towanda, KS

Ceo Politics

I love everything about Airbnb. I have used many times and love the diversity. However I am not happy about the CEO talking about politics or OUR POTUS. Deal with it and get over it. HE doesnt give a **bleep** who you sleep with or are married to. He is keepin us safe and bringing jobs back whether you like it or not. Boo **bleep**ing hoo if he said something to offend you. Many hosts and guest offend in one way or another. The TEMORARY BAN is constitutional and was enforced by Obama and Bill Clinton on other occasions. It deals with terroristic nations only not the other Muslim nations, of which there is so many, and has nothing to do with their faith or religion, I feel safer. Quit being stupid about our safety. Stay diversified. Quit involving yourself in polictics. Make AIRBNB better. I do want to keep using this wonderful service.

23 Replies 23
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Indulge an old lady, @James315 please.  What does POTUS mean?

Hi Linda Im sorry, It means President Of The United States or Sectretary Of The United States. SCOTUS

Haha who is the secretary of the United States??? Amazing.. lets just say this - when you're CEO of your own company, you can take whatever political stances you'd like. You can also choose not to use Airbnb if you don't like Airbnb's stances. 

@James315, SCOTUS is Supreme Court of the United States.  Secretary of State is SOTS as that title does not include the word "United" in it.  

You may love your POTUS but people travelling to this country are pretty freaked out so it's good for someone to make it clear that the guy in the White House is not at all a representation of WE the People.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

SCOTUS is the Supreme Court.

David

Thank you  Dave, I stand corrected. Have to vent once in a while.  Im fine now. No more from me.

GOOD. No more from you is a blessing. You are clearly ignorant. Your comment on the travel ban explains your lack of sophisticated understanding. Te ONLY thing that you said that was correct was that you FEEL safe. That, of course, is your feeling. In terms of understanding what that egocentric blowhart is doing, is beyond you. He should thank his lucky stars that there are fools like you who are blind and stupid. I rarely use the word stupid because it has such a derogatory connotation. In this case I use that word because you display your stupidity. Read a little. You will be amazed that what you thought was true is not only untrue, but exactly the opposite. The positio that Airbnb took on their ad was beautiful sentiment. For you to misunderstand that is an overstepping of bounds makes me shake my head and pray that creatures like you will evetually be forced to see the truth. What I fear is that our country will be so divided and damaged that it may take so long for us too recover. Again, READ, READ, READ . Tat is the only hope for you. DP Klein

Irene30
Level 3
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom

My goodness what a carry on! Airbnb members squabbling like this, not nice! and whatever his opinion was he should be allowed  it. Freedow of speech it seems is not allowed in some quarters. I think it would have been enough to to say you did not agree with him, rather than such a put down.

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

And then FLOTUS is First Lady of The United States 🙂 (I just learned this myself 😄 )

Mariann 🙂

And NLWHFLOTUS is Not Living With Him First Lady of the United States.  @Mariann4

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

You are forgetting that Airbnb is international. If you don't want to know what the CEO thinks....don't read it.

This is no place for politics but many of us are alarmed at what is happening in your country and we do have the right to speak about it. You don't have to listen.

Most Americans feel the same way you do. 

Thanks for your comment.  

Hi @Barbara410 , sometimes it's hard to tell whom someone is actually talking to or answering to, as comments here are not necessarily in chronological order.  For that reason, I find that highlighting a contributor's name with the @ and then clicking in the appropriate name/picture is of great help.

I also wish that the admins would just take out older posts that have no significance. often enough, the original contributor never comes back anyways.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@James315 , seems to me that you are the one who brings politics into this forum, I have never heard  anybody else in here to openly advocate their approval of POTUS and giving their detailed political  opinion, as you have just done. You are right - politics don't belong in here, so quit bringing  it in here! In case the Airbnb CEO said something you disagree with, this is not the forum to reach him.