Change made to services and price, can't see what was originally advertised

Change made to services and price, can't see what was originally advertised

I set up my listing with breakfast as an extra, then I changed my mind, increased my price and included breakfast. Someone who booked at the old price, says they are expecting breakfast as that is what I now advertise. How do I see the original ad or booking details.

3 Replies 3
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Caroline277 I'm afraid that I don't know of any way to see what amenities are included in the original booking.  Airbnb will have a record of when you made the change but I'm not sure that it will be very helpful.  The guest sounds like they are going for their full value, and it may be easiest to just give in for this guest.  I doubt many will ask you for this so hopefully it will be an isolated request.  

Maybe you can say to them  something like "breakfast was not included as an amenity when you booked and your rate reflected this, however I'd be happy to provide you with breakfast for the first three days (for example) of your stay" or else you can tell him that his rate didn't include it but if he wants to pay the difference you'd be happy to provide it.....

Good luck!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can print out the guest confirmation, will show on there.

They could cancel and rebook with you new offer.

David
Marc8251
Level 2
Port Antonio, Jamaica

I agree - why does AirBnB not show you the original details of each step of the booking? The original price the guest saw, if you changed the price subsequently, etc. It is infuriatingly opaque and it's just not what a site provides in 2021, to the host user. I don't understand why they haven't seemed to upgrade their platform since this business began, to include more data like this!