Change of listing now has to be done manual by hosts

Change of listing now has to be done manual by hosts

I have been a host for a few years now and know how to change or cancel a reservation.  Always very easy until NOW!  I had a guest who wanted to stay at my other listing and asked if they could change since that one had a kitchen.  I went on to their reservation and put change or cancel and changed the listing.  The listing changed but the price stayed the same as the other listing even though this listing is $10.00 more a night and has a $20.00 cleaning fee.  In the past when you changed the listing the system automatically updated the reservation with the new price, Airbnb fees and cleaning fees and the host could see the entire thing before they sent the guest the request for them to OK.  So I called Airbnb and they said that the system does not automatically adjust and so now the host has to get a calculator out and put in the new amount.  Then a total comes up, but is not what you calculated because it put in the Airbnb Fees but you don't know that since it does not appear.  Also, the cleaning fee did not come up.  WHAT A MESS!  As usual some idiot sitting in a board room who has never been a host decided that it was good for the host to manually put in the change of price.  RIDICULOUS! 

0 Replies 0