Changes to the guest booking calendar

Kathleen128
Level 2
Grants Pass, OR

Changes to the guest booking calendar

Hosts!!  Have you checked your booking calendar lately as a guest would see it?  I suggest you take a look.  The calendar (guest, not host) shows dates as available that are either already booked, or closed.  I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get this resolved to no avail.  The simple minded explanation that I am given over and over again is that  the calendar now reflects not only open booking dates , but also OPEN CHECK OUT  DATES.  This is absurd!  There is no differentiation until a guest clicks on what appears to be an open date and a small message pops up that says this date is available "for checkout only".  Why??  I mean, can we assume that if a guest checks in that they should be able to check out?  What is this, the "Hotel California? "  Ha!  So...the guest calendar as it is now is highly confusing as it is deceptive.  It is horrid for the guest experience, therefore horrid for us.  I have notified everyone I can think of to no avail.  Please, if this concerns you, message or call airbnb and tell them.  This was a REALLY HUGE MISTAKE on the part of airbnb.

1 Reply 1

Could you try these steps, may be it could help solve your problem. Click on your profile picture > account > professional hosting tool > manage > click on use professional tools. Disregard this steps if you already have it turned on.

Next go to your calendar. Click on host > calendar > highlight the dates the appears as blocked on the guest, then set the rule-sets to none on the right side menu. After this, just repeat the steps above then click stop using them on the professional tools to turn it off. Btw, it should say setting instead of account.