Cleaning Fee Not Charged

Tres-Ninas0
Level 1
Tennessee, United States

Cleaning Fee Not Charged

Hello!  A guest has checked in and I printed the confirmation for my records.  I noticed that the cleaning fee wasn't listed in the payout.  All of my previous guests, the confirmation had a line for cleaning fee and amount.  I went back and double checked my settings and they seem to be correct.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I am baffled.  

21 Replies 21
Katie88
Level 4
Asheville, NC

Update: Good news! I contacted Airbnb to let them know this was happening and they tried to call, but I wasn't able to answer so the next day they sent me an email and looked over my bookings to find all the times my cleaning fee had not been applied when it should have been.  They are making up the difference to reemburse me for this system glitch.  So the issues I've been having won't affect me or my guests.  I gotta say, 2 thumbs up for good customer service and for taking care of the problem and making it right.

Hi.  How did you actually contact them on this?  I cannot find anywhere to contact them, I have the exact same issue.

Look at my post right before this one. Starts with "Getting to their contact section is not easy"  I have detailed instructions on how to send an email.  You can also call, but I think it takes a long time to get through on the phone.

Unfortunately, Airbnb will not take responsibility for my case.  They claim that I made the mistake and the fact that I accepted 7 reservations with the 10.00 as the fee is 'proof' that I made the mistake.  My experience with Airbnb's customer experience has been nothing by bad.  I have read mulstiple places that there is an alternative to Airbnb which I believe I will start using.  You also should see the nasty emails from them concerning my case.  I wonder if Brian Chesky would find it an acceptable tone to take. Also, the customer service seem to believe that I accpeted it 7 times so this is proof of acceptance and proof that it is my fault.  Pathetic customer service.

please don't let it go. If anybody gives in to their atrocious customer service, more of us will get screwed. We are going through the same thing right now and it is absolutely their fault, for which they need to take blame. This glitch has to get fixed, and they wont take care of it if we don't make them, they've proven that in the past.

Jenny1361
Level 2
Friday Harbor, WA

@Katie88 

Did Airbnb reimburse you after you finished digging?  I've had this happen to me twice (that I've discovered so far) and I'm now paranoid about all of my future bookings that are already confirmed.

Airbnb did reimburse me.  I've been hosting for years now and this only happened randomly this one time.