Different Nightly Rates

Linda726
Level 2
Otago, New Zealand

Different Nightly Rates

Hi, 
We have our first hosting experience coming up with guests checking-in in two days.  So, its all very new.  What I don't understand is that I set our nightly rate as NZ$400 to be competitive with competition and availability over the New Year in Queenstown, NZ.  Unless you wanted to spend over $600-$1000+ a night close to town there weren't any affordable options.  I set a nightly rate for the max occupancy (without additional money for extra guets).

Anyhow, looking at the reservation yesterday I saw that the nightly rate we will receive is only $314.  I was so excited to receive a booking I just didn't work out that the money didn't translate to our supposed 'fixed nightly rate'.  

But when I look at our listing it says $400/night - 'FAMILY FRIENDLY ALPINE HAVEN'.  Queenstown gets absolutely jam packed so I'm kind of dissappointed (although very grateful for receiving a booking) that we haven't received the advertised nightly rate especially in our high-season.  I didn't even see how to enter a cleaning fee, and we received a booking within 12 hours, so we have to pay additional for that too.

I don't want this to happen next time, so, I was wondering if anyone can help me work out how that happens?  Or, where I might have gone wrong would be awesome.  

Thanks so much in advance 🙂

Linda

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Select your calender and check the daily prices. Are they all the same ?

If there is a "lightning symbol", smart pricing is activated

Did you put in a weekly or monthly discount ?

Cleaning fee: how-do-i-add-a-cleaning-fee-to-my-listing

I can't check your listing for booking details, as there are no dates available to simulate a booking.

Best regards,Emiel