Different rental price and Airbnb confirmed price

Wanda15
Level 1
Bratislava, Slovakia

Different rental price and Airbnb confirmed price

Hey guys, any idea why Airbnb confirmation price is different to rental price? With my guest we agreed a rental price for a longer period, I confirmed the deal and all of a sudden the airbnb confirmed price is 100 EUR smaller. Any idea why? thanks

9 Replies 9
Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

Airbnb fees, maybe? Host's get charged 3%.

nope, fees are charged separately. is there any way I can contact directly Airbnb?

Bless0
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Hi.. Airbnb charge us as a host for a certain percentage as well as for the guest. 

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Maybe a combination of Instant Book (which I see enabled on your listing) and smart pricing? Also, a discount for longer terms (week and month) might be enabled on your listing?!

Good luck, @Wanda15

Wanda15
Level 1
Bratislava, Slovakia

is it possible to change it due to our agreement with the guest?

I think you can change it.  After confirming the agreed-upon figure with the guest, go to your reservations, find the one at issue, and click "change reservation."  Put in the new amount and send to the guest.  They will have to accept the change before you're finished.  Essential here is good communication with the guest beforehand about every step you're going to take.

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

Wanda this is the first time hosting ever for me.  But I've read most of the site.  This may not be of any help to you now, but,

I was given the option before completing a booking of making the prospective guest an offer which i found very helpful since the guest and I negotiated a price different to that advertised.

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

Also I don't know about anyone else but i've noticed a number of things:

1.  the advertised price changes.  I am guessing the algorithm is factoring in exchange rates which i guess factors in the cost of exchanging currencies.

2.  the payment i am promised is the advertised price adjusted for i'm guessing exchange rates minus the airbnb service fee which is currently 3%.

Am hoping to learn more about the pricing from experienced hosts.

If prices vary from one day to another, airbnb averages the amount per day. This may first appear to be a different amount than what was posted, but it comes out the same.