Extra Guests

Heather-And-Siggy0
Level 1
Ormeau Hills, AU

Extra Guests

How does one go about charging for extra guests.  Only just started and have had 2 people ask to bring an extra guest (advertised for 4 guests - they want 5).  We can do this by providing an extra bed but feel that a fee should be charged to cover washing of sheets and towels.  Don't see anywhere in the booking in area that can accommodate this.

Heather & Siggy.

48 Replies 48
Anne446
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi David - we're also in Edinburgh (& new to Airbnb!)... what do you do during the festival when the base rate is much higher... do you still have the additional guests as £18?

We have 2 rooms for 4 guests. The base rate just covers the cost for 2 guests in 1 room. The additional guests then is for the 2nd room. 

How is do you offer the discount 

Anne446
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Sorry accidentally hit send!! How do you offer the discount? Can you manually make changes after they book? Thank you!!!

Pamela49
Level 2
Denver, CO

We had 3 guests that "snuck" 2 more guests in.  When confronted, the guest admitted they were wrong.  Does anyone know how to charge guests "after the fact"?

Louann0
Level 2
New York, United States

Have you received an answer as to how to get the guest to pay for the additional 2 people they snuck in ?

Samantha31
Level 2
New York, NY

I had a guest book for two guests. In all of our correspondence se indicated that it was just her and a baby. Yesterday when they showed up, they were FOUR guests. No way that my listed space to accommodate so many people. I ended up having to sleep at my friend's house because there was over crowding. Not sure what to do!

Alicia43
Level 1
Orlando, FL

I have looked EVERYWHERE on my app to find where I can add the charge for extra guests and I can't find it! I'm so frustrated! I can't find a way to charge a cleaning fee either. Am I missing something or is my all messed up?

The charge for extra guests, at least on the smartphone app, us under

- Edit Listing

- Fees and Deposits (under Price; you'll have to scroll down)

- Set "Additional Guests" to on

- Enter a dollar figure for "Per person per night"

- Enter a number under "For each guest after"

I have on, $20 per person, after 2 guests in my listings.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Hi Mark, is this option only available after listing is published? Because I can't see it in my phone app or in my laptop (I haven't published it yet, just got the draft). Thanks  

Jay38
Level 2
New York, United States

I had 3 (girls) people show up to stay in our apartment that is listed for 2 with extra charge for extra guests. Then last night they came back with 4 people ("2 couples"), I was going to let the them get away with the extra girl but now two couples with two sets of linen and towels I want to charge for one extra. There seems to be no way to do this even though she agreed and is expecting the charge.
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi there,

To incorporate  extra charges for a guest stay, go online using a full laptop or desk top computer, then go to "reservations" > search through to see the reservation you want to deal with and you will see in red text, the message history and "alter or cancel"

Select "alteration" and proceed to enter the details to reflect the changes you wish to incorporate and charge for. Once you stop typing, it will automatically calculate new charges and you can send the request to your guest, who can then accept and approve the alteration during their stay. Your payout will be topped up if needs be.

To make a straight forward request for extra $ from your guest, you can do that via the "Resolutions centre", nominate the reservation and reason for requesting extra funds. 

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/50/can-i-change-a-reservation-as-a-host?topic=232

I hope this is helpful to you and others.

Sincere Regards

Christine.

Hi Christine

I've listed my home to accomodate max. 5 pr. and the 'base' accomodation is 4 pr. and I charge extra for the 5 th. person.
My question is: do you know whether the airbnb website automatically calculate/include the extra person when giving the price/offer to the potential guest?

Cheers

Flemming

Hi Following - I have this question both for the space I rent and as a guest   I've been looking at several places in Europe that frequently have a base rate for one and a not insignifcant rate for each additional person.  However when I search for 4 people the calculation box show only the base rate.    Since I haven't booked I don't know if automatically recalculates with the additional per person cost but it seems very missleading.  

I agree. My husband & I just booked a studio flat in someone’s house in Zimbabwe. The info indicates ‘ sleeps 2, 2 people, double bed’ We booked it, then realised the price shown is for 1 person. So we had actually booked for only one of us.  I realise now that we should have adjusted ‘the number of people ‘ drop down thing. But I think this is terribly misleading and Airbnb should Make some ruling on this. 

Louann0
Level 2
New York, United States

Did you receive an answer to how to collect for extra people ...after the fcat ? It just happened to me and I cannot get Airbnb to answer ....

Jay38
Level 2
New York, United States

I'm quite disappointed in AirBNB's contact info always sending you to their web help page when many answers aren't there. There is no email, telephone or live chat nothing