Five 5- Star Reviews.... NOT!

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Five 5- Star Reviews.... NOT!

Scratching my head. 

Guest has 5 5-star reviews. 5 stars in all categories. NO bad reviews.

Worst guest ever.

Day 1: could not operate/use wall heaters. Insisting that only the central heat vents could provide them heat.?.

Day 2: Fouled up the upstairs apartment with strong marijuana smell, then gave me the cooking of medicinal marijuana excuse...

Day 3: Texted me at 1:00 am - off Airbnb.

Last Day: Texted me 2 hours after checkout, demanding to leave 4 hours after checkout 😞

I'm trying to figure how they gamed the review system. 

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Paul154  Awful.  Too many hosts are afraid to say what they think.  Or they think a little bit of bad behavior shouldn't be mentioned.  But if they don't mention it, how are the rest of us to know?  One recent guest, a honeymooner, made a number of demands and never told me she was bringing her dogs (though pets are allowed).  The dogs shed so much my cleaner devoted an hour for the dog hair alone.  I gave the guest 4 stars and said she hadn't mentioned the dogs and they required extra cleaning.  I stopped short of calling her "Bridezilla" in the review, but that's what she was.

Robert1909
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Yeah... we just started this week. Had our very first guest stay and complete their stay. They didn't have any reviews and were new, so we asked a bunch of questions and became comfortable with letting them stay. So, it wasn't what they said and basically a spot to have a party with God knows how many people. Pot, vaping, alcohol, beer pong, stains, spills, apparently many people who became sick after drinking and eating pasta, and on and on. We've asked them for add'l funds for the extra people and cleaning fees. No response yet (just found out today.) Haven't left a review yet. Worried about retaliation for asking even for the extra funds. Airbnb has assured me their review will be removed if they retaliate. It was just crazy out of line. Just feeling ya...