Guest Cancellation

Anh-Nhi0
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Guest Cancellation

Hello everyone,

I have a guest who booked to stay with me for 10 days, however, he wants to cancel one day in between to travel and return to stay the rest. I am happy to give him a refund on that one day and in return he would want to give me a good review for accommodating his request (one for that day and another one when his booking finishes later). I am wondering if he can be able to give me a review for the day that he cancels and check out ? 

Thank you

Nhi

2 Replies 2
Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Anh-Nhi0 Yes, he can write you 2 reviews, First one you or he can adjust to being shorter. Then another one you can send a special offer or let him booking. so total is 2 reservation.

But beware that if you message him to offer something exchange to a good review you are wrong to Airbnb policy but if it just "thanks for a refund I will write a good review" this is okay. As a host, we know that we need review but try not to exchange or give someone a money for a good review.  

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Anh-Nhi0. Technically you cannot cancel just a day in the middle of the reservation. You can make it shorter, but then the guest will have to rebook after that day's break. If you/he shorten(s) the booking, he should be able to write a review later on the checkout day.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"