Guest canceled because he has to take care of his child out of school due to Coronavirus

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

Guest canceled because he has to take care of his child out of school due to Coronavirus

My guest is supposed to check in tomorrow. But he messaged me that he needed to delay his trip because his kid’s school is closed due to coronavirus. He needed to take care of his kid.

I agreed to move his schedule to a later time specified. But about an hour later, he said that he is canceling it because Airbnb could refund his money fully because Airbnb had this infamous coronavirus EC. He did cancel and I did not get any calls from Airbnb asking me about the refund. I received an email almost immediately after the cancellation that the guest is fully refunded.

I just wonder if any guest can cancel a booking in March and get full refund.  Will this be true for bookings after March if the situation is not improved?

1 Reply 1
Donald194
Level 6
Onich, United Kingdom

The way hosts are being treated by AirBnB defies reason.  Who will continue to work with an organisation which treats its partners like this?  Booking.com, Expedia, HomeAway and all the others treat their hosts with respect.