Guest full refund

Answered!
Ross173
Level 1
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Guest full refund

Evening all, 

I have a guest who has cancelled and I want to action a full refund for her. She has been refunded but is still owed 127 euros- Surely Airbnb doesn't keep this as a fee? Does anyone know how I can request the rest of her refund? 

Many thanks for your advice, 

Ross H

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ross173 you can only refund her your part of the money. The Airbnb fee is non refundable when 48h pass after the booking was made and you can't request that from them. Only she can but I doubt they will refund her. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ross173 you can only refund her your part of the money. The Airbnb fee is non refundable when 48h pass after the booking was made and you can't request that from them. Only she can but I doubt they will refund her. 

Ross173
Level 1
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Many thanks, just find it hard to believe that my guest is out of pocket by 130 euros through no fault of her own. 

Thanks for the reply though!

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ross173 if her cancelation falls under extenuating circumstances she should have called Airbnb and with evidence she would have gotten a full refund. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Ross173   Yes, they do keep their fee after the free cancellation window has closed.  Your guest could contact them directly and plead their case for getting the fee back, but it's really out of your hands.