Guest gives budget you send special offer but still falls out there budget due to Airbnb mark up

Ros52
Level 10
Durban, South Africa

Guest gives budget you send special offer but still falls out there budget due to Airbnb mark up

Hi I recently had a reservation request whereby the guest had a budget which I was happy to meet. I sent a special offer matching there budget however it still went over there budget as Airbnb also has a fee which they add on. My question is how do we as hosts know how much to mark down when sending a special offer to accommodate the Airbnb fee ? 

4 Replies 4
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Ros52 

Special Offer + 12% (usually)= Total

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Ros52
Level 10
Durban, South Africa

Thank you so much Ricardo for the information 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ros52 @Ricardo85  In fact, the guest service fee is variable and Airbnb does not disclose the formula:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/what-is-the-airbnb-service-fee

Furthermore, Airbnb tries to obscure the fees that hosts and guests pay from each other as much as possible. I know of no way to see what the guest will actually pay for a special offer, though you can see it in "transaction history" for a confirmed reservation.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ros52  Guests who expect hosts to lower their prices because the listing price is too high for them will usually turn out to be entitled and demanding guests in other ways, as well.

You guest's financial situation is not your affair. This is not a friend or relative who you need to feel you should help out. 

If a guest finds your listing price too much for their pocketbook, they should be looking for listings which meet their budget, not asking hosts for discounts. Half of these people probably have more disposable income than you do- they just choose to spend it on new clothes, the latest Iphone, or expensive coffees at Starbucks. You don't have to feel sorry for them.