Guest left abvious lies in review. I can reply but the score is a problem.

Justin449
Level 2
Bend, OR

Guest left abvious lies in review. I can reply but the score is a problem.

Guest left a reviwe saying there was:

1. No temperature control [There is a room AC and a room fireplace heater.  Both are listed and clearly available]
  2. Said the bed was like a fold out couch [He messaged us asking where the controls for the mattress are.  We informed him we don't list a temperpedic bed with adjustable soft levels but we're happy to help with a memory foam layer]
  3. Said we were missing the following [of course all lies]:
    1. Pillow [we provided 4 full sized pillows with various firmness and two throw pillows]
    2. Blanket [we provided a queen sized comforter, sheets, and an additional warm soft blanket]
    3. Towels [all guests recieve two full sized towels, a hand towel, and a wash cloth]
    4. Toilet Paper [we always provide two full rolls.  One installed and the other above it on the counter]

What are my options?

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can ask Airbnb to remove it as it contains factual inaccuracies  i.e. temperature control, bed and missing items. (see reviews, Airbnb Help Centre)

If Airbnb won't  you can respond to their review and counter the lies they told.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

just wonder... what happened with Airbnb idea about removing one inaccurate review from time to time?

@Branka-and-Silvia0, the one outlier review will be removed from our promised Superhost custom URL maybe? In the Unique collection? If written by a Superguest? 😉 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Justin449 Your other reviews are good or very good - and I think the response you left is ok - I would have preferred a bit more to include: it would have been great if you had mentioned any of these during your stay as I like my guests to enjoy their stay.

Also - you need to get into the habit of replying to all feedback and reviews - a simple thank you for staying and hope to see you again. It's makes you seem professional and friendly. 

Also in your description you say 'comfort and class in the master suite' - that sounds a little bit at odds to the pictures and some comments. Personally I would down play things and let guests feel they are getting more for their money than expected. So use something like: great location and views, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable rate for this area...etc

Good luck - and don't stress about one review like that - her brevity makes it seem like she has a bit of a short fuse!