Guest wants a refund and I have a strict cancellation policy

Answered!
Mohammad174
Level 2
Alanya, Turkey

Guest wants a refund and I have a strict cancellation policy

Hello there,

So basically the guest booked my place 3 weeks ago and tomorrow is the check-in day, but today he sent me saying he wont be able to make it and he is asking for a refund although I have a strict cancellation policy.

My question is ; Can he leave a false bad review in this case? and is there an option inside Airbnb's platform to refund a certain amount because I dont want to ask for any private information outside of Airbnb.

Your help is much appreciated.

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mohammad174 

The guest need to cancel the reservation. Then the refund (if any) will be calculated. With "strict" only cleaning fee (if any) will be refunded. But you can manually refund some more via resolution centre.

If you do this before payout-date the payout will be decreased by the refund.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mohammad174 

The guest need to cancel the reservation. Then the refund (if any) will be calculated. With "strict" only cleaning fee (if any) will be refunded. But you can manually refund some more via resolution centre.

If you do this before payout-date the payout will be decreased by the refund.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mohammad174 Both parties are given the opportunity to review from 24 hours to check in time. When the guest cancels (don’t ever do it yourself as you’ll be penalized) your cancellation policy will be applied, and the guest refunded accordingly. You are then given the option to refund more, as you choose. You can also use the Resolution Center to send (or request) money.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Mohammad174  The guest can still review if the cancellation is the day of check-in.  We just had this happen, a guest cancelled at 3am on the day of her check-in and she will be able to leave a full review if she wishes.  If she had cancelled 3 hours earlier, before midnight, then no review option and no problems for us.

Mohammad174
Level 2
Alanya, Turkey

Thank you everyone for your helpful info.