Guest wants to shorten their reservation ahead of time- how to issue partial refund

Stuart49
Level 1
San Rafael, CA

Guest wants to shorten their reservation ahead of time- how to issue partial refund

2 months ago a guest booked a 12 night stay in June and has just decided they want to check out 4 nights earlier.

We have a strict cancellation policy so assuming I can open those nights up on the calendar, I'd like to refund them 50% of those 4 nights so how can I modify their reservation accordingly?

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stuart49

Hi - your guest needs to submit a change of dates to you - if you accept that change they will automatically receive a refund. Do not go  down the route of also sending money via the Resolution Centre etc as they will be refunded twice.

Thanks Gerry & Rashid but will doing so allow we to charge them the 50% cancellation fee for those 4 nights?

It appears that if I change their reservation on my end I can also change the total cost, thereby achieving my intended result, but I'm afraid to click that final change button for fear it doesn't "stick"