HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES WITH AIRBNB CUSTOMER SERVICE

Tunde7
Level 1
New York, NY

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES WITH AIRBNB CUSTOMER SERVICE

I received a booking on 9/21/19 for stay from 9/23/19 to 9/26/19 by a guest. The guests checked in 9/21/19 without issues. The morning of 9/22/19 I received an email from Airbnb stating they could not support the reservation. I immediately called to ask the reason and the representative refused to tell me. I was told I had to ask the guests to leave and tell them to contact Airbnb. I asked about my safety concerns and their policy as I don’t want any problems while asking a guest to vacate my property. The representative told me they will contact the guest but I have to ask them to check out and disregarded my safety concerns just kept repeating that I have to go in and ask the guests to leave.  I then went upstairs to the apartment and asked them to leave which took almost 2 hours (meanwhile I should have been at work). I contacted Airbnb back and asked about coverage for the night stayed by the guest and cleaning fees. I was told it would be covered by Airbnb and I also received an email stating this on 9/24/19. I have since contacted Airbnb over 14 times and each time was told the case is assigned to a different department and there’s no phone contact or email contact with that said department and I just have to wait till they contact me. It’s been 3 weeks I have not been contacted or paid for this particular stay. I called again and the representatives would hang up when I ask for a reference number for this case or inform them I want the conversation recorded. Smh. Big scam. 

SECOND TERRIBLE  EXPERIENCE: 

I hosted a guest from 10/1/19 to 10/3/19. When my cleaners arrived to clean and have the place ready for the next guests coming in on 10/4/19. The guests from 10/1/19-10/3/19 had left with the keys to the apartment.  I contacted Airbnb immediately to report this and was told someone from ”lost keys” department will contact me within 15-20 minutes. Today is 10/10/19. I am yet to receive any phone call or email from anyone from Airbnb. I clearly expressed the safety issues for Upcoming guests that will be checking in going forward as I don’t want any random person coming inside the apartment at any point in time. The representative told me all they can do is forward my concerns to the right department and I wait for them to contact me again that was over a week ago and still no response. Clearly they do not care about the guests or hosts’ safety. I have made several calls as well about this issue and same story line “we will escalate this issue and someone will contact you” but nothing happens ever. This is terrible of this company and a major safety concern. 

1 Reply 1
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Tunde7 I did have one case similar to your first incidence. A guest booked my place and less than one hour later, it was canceled by Airbnb. I asked Airbnb why it happened. I was told that it is related to privacy and they could not tell me. Your case seems to be worse since the guest had already checked in.

In your second incidence, the first thing to do is to have your lock changed for your safety. And then use the resolution center to claim for the expanse.