Host Referral Program

Answered!
Ryan59
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Host Referral Program

Question about 'Host Referral Program': I was referreed by a friend (airBnB host) to start hosting and was told I will earn £38 after hosting a trip. I clicked on the link, listed my place, started hosting...but I never received the £38 or any message about it. It still shows as notification as "XYZ invited to share your space. Earn a £38 after hosting a trip." (which I have already done!!!)
Any advice?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Ryan59 You will receive credit when someone has booked and completed a  the reservation with a value of $100 or more excluding guest fees (i.e. cleaning fees), Airbnb service fees and taxes, if applicable.  When you have done this, it may take a week or so for you to receive the credit.  You can learn more about how it works here: 

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Although it mostly talks about what the referring host must do, it does explain what you need to do as a referred host. 

Hope this helps!  Clare

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
Michael1094
Level 2
Svendborg, Denmark

Hi , I really put some work into it. And now found out - that it have to be one single reservation - worth 100 usd. I thougth that they would pay the bonus  just after the total amount of reservations were over 100 usd - within 150 days. But i guess - i have to hope for some longer reservations. Its kind of sucks. Since i live in Cusco and have helped some friends with smaller hostels to use airbnb. They have allready a lot of reservations - but allways just under 100 usd. Not fair - there should be a min bonus at least or some travelkredit. Now i have made 5 listings - all up running in my neightbourhood and collegques in tourism. Probably use 20 hour - with helping setting up there airbnb, going there. And will never get a dime for my work...

Aditi6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a friend who has a travelling account with airbnb. I wanted to refer her as a host but am not sure if I will earn my referral bonus if she hosts with the current account. I couldn't gather any information on the website. Can anyone help? 

Regards 

Aditi

@Aditi6. It should not matter that your friend already has an account in order to be referred under the Host Referral program.  Once your friend accepts and completes a stay with a value of $100 USD (or the equivalent in local currency) excluding fees and taxes, you will receive your referral bonus.  Your friend will have 150 days to accept this kind of qualifying reservation. 

hello i have a question.i dont get a staight unswer from airbnb.the man who referred me to airbnb can track my progress? if yes,how long? because i dont want to track me.And it is possible to do something to remove him?

Thank you

@Chronis0 No, the person who referred you will be able to see your Airbnb profile and any listings you have saved to your wish list, but will not be able to see your travels. 

All they would know is whether you used the referral link to create a new Airbnb account. 

It is not possible to have another user removed unless he or she has violated any of Airbnb's Terms of Service.  Why do you want this user removed?

I hope this helps!

i saw in airbnb host referal terms that when someone has refered you to airbnb he can track your progress.by the word progress what they mean? he can see the reservation i have as a host?i want to remove him because i dont want to see how well or bad i am doing as a host

@Chronis0 What is meant by "tracking your progress" is whether or not you have signed up to be an Airbnb host and whether you have hosted a stay that meets the requirements for the referring person to  be awarded a bonus for the referral. 

The award is given to the person who referred you when you have hosted a stay with a value of $100 USD (or the equivalent in your currency) excluding Airbnb's service fee, taxes and guest fees. 

Here's what the person would see: 

https://goo.gl/mLyL38

The person who referred you will only know whether you have hosted a qualifying reservation and would not know your hosting activity unless he or she found your listing in search results. 

Does this help?

Thank you very much you were very helpful.

@Chronis0. You are very welcome and I hope you have a very successful career with Airbnb!

Hi Clare- hoping you might be more helpful than the responses I have been getting. I referred a host, the bonus was for $300. She clicked the link I sent her via text message and proceeded to rent her home out for 5 nights at $200 per night within the 150 day guideline. 

On on my profile, it shows my friends listing was created. Her guests have checked out a couple days ago. Airbnb is now saying they can’t find where the referral was created and is refusing to pay the bonus although I can clearly see where the listing was created on my profile. What gives?

Hi @Raedena0 The bonus award for the referring host (you) generally is paid within 2 to 4 weeks after the completion of the qualifying reservation.  You indicate that the reservation was completed a couple of days ago so the payout of the bonus is still in the future.  

Hope this helps!

Clare

Hello , i also have the same problem! I should get my bouns about 165€ and I still didn’t get my referral bouns !!! It’s been a day that my friend’s guest gone ! 

Andrea1670
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Have you received it? If yes, How long did it take?

Beth-and-Steve0
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Hi, I referred two people who became hosts and a month or so later $120 for each was credited to my account. Very nice, but the terms clearly state that I will receive $480. What gives?

Mayank10
Level 2
New Delhi, India

IMG_20180730_082502.jpg

Received this mail of referral earning from airbnb last night after 1 month of my host completed this first over 100$ booking successfully but have not received any payment in to my account yet. When will the bonus payment get cleared and when will i receive this money in my account?