Host Referral Program

Answered!
Ryan59
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Host Referral Program

Question about 'Host Referral Program': I was referreed by a friend (airBnB host) to start hosting and was told I will earn £38 after hosting a trip. I clicked on the link, listed my place, started hosting...but I never received the £38 or any message about it. It still shows as notification as "XYZ invited to share your space. Earn a £38 after hosting a trip." (which I have already done!!!)
Any advice?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Ryan59 You will receive credit when someone has booked and completed a  the reservation with a value of $100 or more excluding guest fees (i.e. cleaning fees), Airbnb service fees and taxes, if applicable.  When you have done this, it may take a week or so for you to receive the credit.  You can learn more about how it works here: 

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Although it mostly talks about what the referring host must do, it does explain what you need to do as a referred host. 

Hope this helps!  Clare

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62

@Mayank10  Go to Progress then Earnings scroll down to Transaction History and click on that. You will be able to see when you can expect the funds. 

L39
Level 2
New York, United States

Air B and B will only pay if it is the first reservation AND that first reservation is a value of $100 or more.  This is a scam because it is impossible to ensure how much your first hosting will be.  Like literally out of your control.  Especially considering they encourage you to offer discounts and minimum rates to your first few hostings.  My referal is booked for the next 3 months.  She accepted a $50 reservation (special offer), second reservation was $2080, third was $1080, and they said I get $0.00.  All reservations happened within 20 days of her opening her account.  

If anything, they insure that you AND your referal would have to be more calculating (i.e actively manipulate what reservations are accepted in order to make actually get a referal).  This is a scam and in bad faith.  Shame on you air B and B.

L39
Level 2
New York, United States

lol, this isactually great advice.  Call the next representative.  The reservation ended 5 days ago.  The host referal status was changed to "ineligible".

Holly16
Level 4
Inglewood, CA

I also referred new hosts back in July. They met the $100 limit. I was supposed to get $360 payment. I received emails saying that I would. On my profile it says I have been paid, but no payment yet. It has been over 60 days. I have made numerous calls to Airbnb support only to be told that there is a bug in the system and that I won't get paid until it is fixed. No estimate of when that will be. I asked for a supervisor who could authorize my payment anyway and was told that they were in a meeting and would call me afterwards. That was three days ago. I've been told several times by support that someone would call and no one ever does. I feel scammed and have zero motivation to continue to refer hosts. Has anyone else had a similar experience this summer? Has anyone received their referral fee this summer? I'm ready to go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Airbnb has not kept up its end of the deal and I get nothing but the runaround when I call or email. Extremely frustrating and disappointing.

Any updates?? Did you end up getting paid?

Alex-Jr0
Level 2
Vinales, Cuba

Hi there

I would like to have more information about the Host Referral Program

My main question is how do i have to be connected with my friends ( via Facebook, phone contacts) so when I send them an invite for hosting, then Airbnb knows they are my friends and sends me the cash after my friends 's first guests check out?

Thanks so much for your time!!!!

Elisa518
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Hi, I joined the hosts community listing my property via the referral link that a friend sent me. I got my first reservation for 440€ in total so everything should be fine.

Now the customer service is telling me they don't see I got a referral, is it possible?

When I signed up on the landing page there was my friend photo saying ""XYZ invited to share your space." and I pressed the "Let's start" button so the referral should be correct.

Will my friend not receive the money if they dont see in the system that my friend referred me even if i did everything correctly? How does it work?

I had a huge problem getting payment for a referral fee. It was 7 months late (should have been paid July 2018, and just received payment this month)! I called and emailed Airbnb weekly for resolution. I was repeatedly told that there was a bug in the system and that I could not be paid until it was fixed, which I find very suspect. I asked many times to speak to a supervisor and was told that someone would call me back, but I never heard from a supervisor. Very poor business practice on the part of Airbnb. Perhaps things are better now, but advise your friend to contact them asap and repeatedly until she is paid. Good luck to you andher.

Hello Holly

Can you please if you don't mind give me the link or number so I can talk to someone in charge aabout my Referral Fee ?

Had some problems with it..

I wrote a Post but I do not think anybody will pay attention to it

Thank you dear

May Ann

Mari191
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I had exactly the same issue, so am guessing this is a big problem Airbnb needs to tackle if they want to maintain their trust in community. 

I gave my airbnb host refferal link to a friend, she used it and after hosting for few months she asked if anything came back to me.

I could not see anything, so we both contacted support team, they did investigate it and found nothing. We also sent evidence in our chat messenger history - when my friend asked for my refferal link as I told her all about Airbnb and also mentioned a refferal scheme. She did make sure to open and use my referral link to register and had many bookings since. In the support team they could see that her listing was created right after this conversation when I sent her a link. However, they said because it did not register to show in their system, (obviously a bug or technical glitch), they did nothing to grant a bonus or to make this up in any other way.

It looks like a whole refferal scheme is is either a bug in their system, or a marketing scam to trick people in. 

Airbnb is definitely loosing trust not being able to give what they have promised advertising. 

Maria3377
Level 2
Kallithea, Greece

Hello,

Does anybody knows if after refering somebody becoming a host can be a co-host as well?

Thanks a lot!

Maria

Jeffrey279
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi there ,

I had an offer to received 351£ to sign up a new host. I sent an email through to invite them to join Airbnb for her flat in london . She agreed to sign up and has listed her flat now. I went to look into my account to see the progress of the federal and it’s completely not there, and now in the place where the old referral was for 351£, it says I can only earn 11£ . I know an email was sent a few days ago that she clicked into she said.

Can I just Confirm that my signing her up fee of 351£ will still be given to me as promised by the advertisement given on my app ?

I’ve asked my close friend who knows more about Airbnb than me as he has actually recommended a friend before , and he told me to contact you for help to correct this.

MayAnn1
Level 2
Panglao, Philippines

Hello there

It is my very post here and I need some giuidance and help about this Referral Program.

I am a Host and  own a proprety in Pangao Island, Bohol , Philippines. I just started a couple of months ago and so far I am happy with everything. Overall, Airb&B is doing a fine job and I love it..

Now the story..

Have a lady neighbor who owns and manage another property at about 3- 400 yards from my own.Hers is a bigger area property but not well managed in my opinion and is /was NOT listed in any online domains.

I have suggested to allow me to list her property in AirB&B , she agreed and I did all  her listing about 2 weeks ago. Well the trouble started when I have Failed to enter my Referral LINK in order to get paid..

I just missed, then forgot for awhile, the matter start rolling , I think by now she has already some guests and when trying to add my Link I COULD NOT DO IT as The Systems tels me This person is already a HOST. !!

Can anybody here suggest something I can do  to rectify this problem, and get my share ?

Or maybe it's all gone by now and I get nothing ? Who should I call or write to ask ? Is there any person in charge looking after this matter in Particular?

Please advise what can I do at this point ?

My name is May Ann Maceac = mayandflorin@gmail.com

My neighbor and the new Host that i just listed = telexvel@gnail.com

Thank you kindly to anyone out there who may try to help me out with this issue

Sorry small typo there

email = telexvel@gmail.com

Katie623
Level 1
Civray, France

Hi

My friend just used the referral link I sent her but says it hasn't mentioned anything about being referred by me - is this normal?

Nor have I had any notification that she has joined. Do I have to simply wait for an eligible booking to receive a credit?

Thanks

Katie