Host has asked us to leave early

Matthew791
Level 1
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom

Host has asked us to leave early

Hi everyone,

I booked a Villa 6 months ago for a holiday with nine other friends at the end of June. I have just been notified by the host that the properties owner will be returning on the Saturday and the Villa will have to be vacated - we were due to leave on the Sunday. He offered to find us a hotel but it is very expensive because we are not booking well in advance. We also looked at finding another Air BnB, but again, everything is very expensive and there is not much choice in the location we want. Do we have any rights to dispute this matter at all or is it just something we have to except having booked through Air BnB?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Matthew791  No, it is not something you have to accept. You made a booking and the host can't simply decide to change the terms of that contract arbitrarily. If the host is willing to pay in full for a hotel room for the last night, and that works for you, I'd go for it, but otherwise, I'd tell the host that the change isn't acceptable and you don't agree to it, and if they aren't accomodating, contact Airbnb, who will contact the host to let them know they can't do this.

Kep all communiction with the host on the Airbnb messaging system.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Matthew791 and won't the host cover the hotel expenses to make up for the inconvenience? You don't have to accept it in any way, you can cancel contacting Airbnb and you will get a full refund plus maybe 10% from Airbnb to find aleternative accommodation. If it is still to expensive to find a place now I am sorry but you might just have to go with it. Ask the host to at least give you a refund big enogh to pay for the one night in a hotel, that is the least he could do.