Host has not confirmed account

Host has not confirmed account

Hi, 

I've scheduled a trip to Barcelona for the end of February and I am trying to contact my host. My reservation was confirmed by the host, but now it shows that the host has not yet verified their details on AIRBNB. 

What should I do? I can't contact them and the phone number that they have left is unreachable. 

5 Replies 5
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lee92

If you cancel you will lose your booking fees. Don't do that.

For one, you could report the host through the little gray flag in the top corner of one of their messages on the booking message page and give  reason as host not accessible.

But better to call Airbnb to get this resolve, because it does sound strange:

contact nos. Airbnb

Good luck!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lee92 Is this a brand-new host with no reviews? 
I'm also staying in Barcelona later this month and have had no response to my booking (with note) other than an acceptance. I'm trying to remain 'glass half full' for the minute at least. 

@Gordon0

New, with no reviews. Her phone number was +40, and so I've cancelled it because I don't want to get stuck at the last moment. 

Pretty irritating since airbnb should not allow hosts that have not been verified to accept bookings. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lee92 I hope you went through Airbnb (explaining there was no communication etc.) and have not lost your booking fee. 

@Gordon0 - I called and asked them to refund me 

I hope your one is better than mine was 🙂