Host reporting abusive guest behavior and requesting payment - Airbnb unresponsive

Gergely10
Level 1
Porto, Portugal

Host reporting abusive guest behavior and requesting payment - Airbnb unresponsive

Hello,

I am new to this forum but working with Airbnb since 2014. My name is Gergely and I rent apartments in Porto Portugal🙂

About six weeks ago and for the first time ever, I have made a complaint and a request for reimbursement concerning a stay. Airbnb hasn't responded anything since, is this normal? Over the years I have been regularly discussing situations with the resolution center, they would always respond very promptly.

The weird thing is, even if they knew they would disagree in the end to help my party for some reason, there was always the security deposit that they could have retained for me. Even this has not been done.

I am a bit clueless, and grateful for any suggestion.

Greetings from Porto,

Gergely Suto

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gergely10

Airbnb recently changed procedures regarding damage claims due to the new "Air Cover" program, so the help files are also changed:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/352/what-happens-if-a-host-wants-to-collect-on-their-security-de...