How do i set up an Airbnb account as a UK limited company??

Ian211
Level 2
Somerton, United Kingdom

How do i set up an Airbnb account as a UK limited company??

hi all, i run a successful Airbnb in UK and was recently contacted to co-host by a Chinese lady who is also a host nearby. She controls 6 properties on behalf of her family and another family in China. After dicussion we decided that the most sensible way to operated would be via a Limited Company owned 50/50 by us (the details don't matter as is not that that's the issue!!!)

we want to keep our personal lisings separate but i can't work out how we list the company or do we need to set up a new listing using the company email address but my own personal details?? we want to make sure that the revenue flows into the company rather than into our personal accounts 

any advice would be much apprciated as i can't seem to find anything in Community and i am sure i'm not the only person wishing to do this

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello,

My account gives me the option (in "settings") to add company information, if renting via Airbnb is commercial activity.

It's even an obligation , coming from rules dictated by EU. (Yes, i know about the "Brexit"...)

It points me also to this via a "read more" button:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1321/legal-obligations-of-eu-business-hosts-offering-accommodati...

Having been recognized as some kind of company, airbnb gives you also a special "homepage-facility", where all listings appear together, also a nice opportunity to "link to it" from external sources like websites, email etc...

I have such a homepage, at some point Airbnb decided to provide it to me and considered me probably as a "commercial" host.

I am not that far, but slowly moving to something more proffesional approach

Hope this helps,

Emiel