How to correct a payment with a guest from another country

Pam117
Level 2
Beaverton, OR

How to correct a payment with a guest from another country

My guest is from France and I live in the US. We agreed on a special offer price but when it came time for them to make the payment their price was $1146 and should have been $1084.  I have a pay out that is $200 less than I calculated.  How does this translate - uros/Dollars?  I know there are Airbnb fees and cleaning fess which I thought had been accounted for.  I'm already down $200 as well as lowering my nightly cost for them. What do I do to reimburse the guest the difference?

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Pam117,

Do you mean that ye agreed a special offer of US$ 1084 and the guest was charged 1146? thae difference of 62 is the Airbnb guest fee. That's added to the amount you set for the special offer. Airbnb also charges currency conversion fees on top of the currency exchange rate.

When you set the value for the special offer did you include your cleaning fee? Airbnb doesn't add it automatically when you send a special offer.

If you wish to send money to a guest you can click on "Host" and then on "Your reservations". Then find the reservation concerned and click on "Send or request money". You may ba required to pay it with your credit card or it may be deducted from your next payout. It has happened both ways with me, depending on circumstances of the reservation.

Steve.

@Pam117 Host service fees are 3~5% and guest service fees are 5~15%. Plus there is the possibility of VAT and/or foreign transaction fees. Based on my experience, I see a difference of about 15% between the payout I receive and what the guest pays. (All of my guests are international.) This is something you will have to keep in mind if you plan to adjust prices for guests or make special offers. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/what-are-airbnb-service-fees